- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This single-storey barn conversion is attached to a 16th century manor house, in the centre of the Devon village of Beer, which is situated on the famous Jurassic Coast.
This Beer cottage is an ideal romantic retreat and provides a sitting room with dining area, which overlooks the pretty gardens, a kitchen and an en-suite double bedroom.
The fishing cove and limestone cliffs of Beer are a short stroll from this Devon cottage, and from the beach, why not take a boat trip followed by a visit to one of the many cafés and gift shops in the village?
There is a fabulous walk from Beer to Branscombe along the South West Coast Path, from where you can admire the breathtaking views across Lyme Bay.
Close to your Beer cottage are the popular seaside towns of Seaton and Sidmouth, with its floral displays and wide esplanade lined with Regency buildings, plus the city of Exeter and many other places and attractions are within driving distance.
You’re assured of a relaxing stay at this Beer cottage.
Note: This property is next to Ref.
31082, together they sleep 12.
All ground floor. One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
Gas central heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Patio with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 mins walk. Beach 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “A lovely, well equipped and comfortable cottage set in a seaside village. An ideal place to stay if you like seafood of the best quality. Would recommend it.”
- “Lovely little place to stay. Great for being right in the centre of Beer. Great access to the beach and the coastal walks. Fantastic for the dog as well. Thank you!”
- “Good spacious and clean accommodation including modern laundry facilities. It was a pleasure to come back to after being out all day. The village was just what we wanted with a great atmosphere; friendly locals and excellent facilities. Well positioned for exploring the coast and countryside either by foot or in the car.”
- “The cottage was very comfortable and homely, and in a great location.”
About the location
Seaton 1.5 miles; Lyme Regis 9 miles; Sidmouth 9.5 miles; Exeter 25 miles.
Beer is a small picturesque fishing village on the south Devon coast near Seaton. The shingle beach is very sheltered, backed by limestone cliffs and was once fertile smuggling territory, plus contraband was hidden in nearby caves, which are now a popular tourist attraction. Beer is situated on the stretch of Devon coastline, known as the Jurassic Coast, a designated World Heritage Site, and the village offers sloping streets lined with picturesque stone houses and cottages built on many different levels of the steep valley sides. There are a good range of shops, friendly cafes, restaurants and pubs in Beer, plus just outside the village is the popular Pecorama Gardens, which are perched on the hill overlooking Lyme Bay. Pecorama boasts the Beer Heights Light Railway and indoor model railway exhibition, along with a childrens' play area. Beer is a unique Devon fishing village and a great place to stay.