- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This character cottage is in the small seaside hamlet of Blue Anchor, three miles from Dunster in West Somerset.
The private self-contained cottage is attached to the owner's pub and has some fabulous features including granite floors on the ground floor, exposed beams and open plan first floor living space with pine floors.
Ideal for couples seeking a relaxing holiday by the sea, and with easy access to dog walks, creative bar meals and good West Country ale, coupled with an excellent welcome in an award-winning pub, this Blue Anchor cottage provides a well-presented beach retreat with upside down accommodation.
There is also a private patio at the front of this Blue Anchor cottage and visitors are welcome to use the pretty pub gardens and terraces overlooking the sea, and enjoy the spectacular sunsets over the Bristol Channel.
There are plentiful walks along the coast either east towards the pretty harbour at Watchet or west towards the medieval village of Dunster with its historic castle, cobbled streets and bijou gift shops.
A short drive from your Blue Anchor cottage will take you to the seaside resort of Minehead with golden sandy beaches and fun-filled mile-long beach promenade.
Or why not discover the soft rolling hills of Exmoor with its abundance of deer, birds and gentle rivers bubbling through beautiful landscapes?
All in all, a relaxing holiday in a character cottage by the sea.
One ground floor double bedroom with TV. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with sofa bed.
- Electric storage heaters
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, 2 x TVs with Freeview (one with DVD, one with video), CD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Private patio garden at front
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub next door serving meals
- Note: This property accepts a maximum of 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children.
- Last minute
- “It was warm and very comfortable, and had a great layout in the open plan lounge and kitchen. Perfectly positioned for trips out, a very nice part of the world.”
- “The cottage was in a quiet location, was well laid out and extremely warm. We could not fault it at all. It was good that WiFi had recently been installed. The cottage was also in a good central location with plenty of other villages within walking distance or a short car ride away. I would recommend it to others.”
- “We had a lovely holiday at The Rest over the New Year break. It is close to the beach and has fields just behind it that ourselves and our 5 month old dog loved walking in. The cottage was cosy and warm.”
- “The Rest, attached to the Smugglers Inn, was perfect for us with ideal facilities for the dogs and especially being right on the coast. The Inn also allowed dogs in the bar area and restaurant when it was quite again a plus.”
- “Fantastic cottage, great location, easy to find and well equipped. Lots of fantastic extra's like fresh flowers, gorgeous fresh cream cake, tea, sugar, coffee, hot chocolate, fresh milk, washing up liquid, tea towel, soaps - the list is endless! First class in every way.”
- “We were very impressed with the little extras that were waiting for us at the cottage when we arrived. Also, we found the hosts of The Smugglers Inn very helpful and extremely friendly.”
- “Cosy traditional little cottage. Everything you needed was provided.”
- “The property was better than we expected and there were some nice touches when we arrived. A great place to take a break with a dog!”
- “We had a very enjoyable holiday. The accommodation was excellent, very convenient with the dog friendly pub next door. Thank you to all for making us so welcome.”
- “The Rest is a lovely cottage with rustic charm, it had everything we needed for a relaxing holiday. Blue anchor bay is a good base for touring around. Dunster castle and Watersmeet are worth a visit, would stay here again”
- “A lovely cottage, thoroughly enjoyed it.”
About the location
Dunster 3 miles; Lynton 9 miles; Weston-Super-Mare 43 miles.
Blue Anchor is a small coastal hamlet in west Somerset, three miles from medieval Dunster. Well known for its alabaster rocks, which are of great geological interest, Blue Anchor is a quiet and peaceful seaside location with a wide beach, plentiful fossils and a promenade three quarters of a mile long with scenic views of Dunster Castle and Minehead Bay beyond. It offers peaceful relaxation, is popular with anglers who fish off the promenade, and is just a short steam train ride on the West Somerset Railway from Minehead. The Blue Anchor station waiting room and booking office have been lovingly restored, using Great Western fittings, many of them original, and the Railway Museum is housed in the former waiting room. Walk along the beach from Blue Anchor to Dunster, enjoying the views across the channel towards Wales, and wander through the medieval streets with the beautiful castle towering above. Inside the castle are fine plasterwork ceilings, while the extensive terraced and landscaped gardens contain many rare shrubs and trees, and offer marvellous views out to sea. Further afield, Minehead has golden sandy beaches, seaside attractions, and plenty of cafes, shops and bistros.