- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Okehampton 7 miles. This neat and well presented property adjoins the owners' home in the tiny rural hamlet of Broadbury, near Okehampton in Devon. All on one level, this cosy Okehampton cottage is perfect for a peaceful stay in the Devon countryside. The open plan living accommodation at this Okehampton cottage has a double sofa bed, a fully fitted kitchen with dining area and even the benefit of a laptop and unlimited WiFi usage. The double bedroom at the property looks out over the well-stocked flowerbeds in the front garden and the bathroom is accessible through the sitting area. There is a private patio garden at the rear of this Okehampton cottage where guests can sit and listen to the birds or enjoy a barbecue. This area of Devon provides contrasting landscapes and various outdoor pursuits as well as delightful country inns offering refreshment and good local food. Roadford Reservoir is just down the road from your cottage and offers windsurfing, sailing, fishing and birdwatching. A short drive from this Okehampton cottage is North Dartmoor, which has the highest peaks and the most dramatic wilderness areas, popular for hiking, horse riding and cycling. This lovely, well-equipped Okehampton cottage in the heart of Devon will prove an excellent holiday location for a couple or small family.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area (seats 2) and sitting area (seats 3) with double sofa bed. Shared external utility.
Electric heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, shared use of washing machine and tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, laptop, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Private enclosed patio garden at rear with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops and pubs 3 miles.
- Last minute
- “The holiday cottage was ideal for a relaxing holiday, with peace and quiet assured.”
- “The cottage was immaculate and perfect for our stay. The owners were polite, friendly and helpful. They are the perfect hosts.”
- “Particularly warm welcome from very helpful and considerate owners. Unexpected touches included sausages, bacon, eggs, butter and milk and freshly baked bread. Very pretty private patio area complete with BBQ and fuel. Some lovely forest walks close by.”
- “This was an ideal location for us - we have no complaints at all and hope to return soon. The area is stunning and several places to visit are near at hand. The owners were so friendly and helpful.”
- “Made to feel very welcome, milk and juice in the fridge on our arrival! Perfect accommodation for us and the dog - with the wet weather we had, laminate floors throughout were great for us.”
About the location
Exeter 23 miles.
Okehampton is a busy market town on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park and near the highest and most dramatic areas of the moor, where Yes Tor rises to a height above 2000 feet. To the north of Okehampton are some beautiful rolling Devon hills where small farming villages nestle amidst woods and fields with plenty of gently flowing rivers. The fabulous Roadford Reservoir offer a multitude of watersport activities and fishing opportunities. Okehampton has a prominent medieval castle overlooking a wooded river valley, the Museum of Dartmoor Life and Okehampton train station, which has been restored to its 1950s glory running trains along a scenic route to Meldon the highest station in southern England. The town also has a visitor centre, spectacular views across Dartmoor and access to fabulous walks. This area of Devon has plenty of farm shops and country inns serving good food where visitors can spend time relaxing and unwinding amongst unspoilt countryside.