- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
A delightful, spacious semi-detached cottage set in 13 acres of fields and landscaped grounds on the outskirts of Broadwoodkelly, 3 miles from Winkleigh.
Beautifully restored, Oaktree Cottage combines the contemporary and the traditional, with a large open plan living area with a gleaming polished wood floor that leads via the handmade oak stairs to the first floor bathroom and bedroom.
Throughout, it offers well-equipped and well-presented accommodation of a high standard.
With its peaceful outlook over the garden and across the small lake to the wild woodland beyond, it's also a real country haven.
Surrounded by wonderful walking country, this is the perfect base to explore the endless network of quiet, meandering country lanes and to take in the area's many other attractions.
For a special day out try walking or cycling the Granite Way around the northern edge of Dartmoor or sample the shops, museums and restaurants of nearby Exeter.
One double bedroom. Large double-ended bath with hand-held shower attachment, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen with door leading to patio, dining area and bright sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, TV, DVD player
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in shared utility room
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot available on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared use of garden
- Pets by arrangement
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pubs 3 miles
- Note: Unfenced pond on site, children must be supervised at all times
- Note: Water supply is from a bore hole.
- Last minute
- “Peace!!! The warmest welcome, in the loveliest place.”
- “The owners were very welcoming, tea on our arrival, the freedom to go where we wanted. The cottage is beautifully furnished, and has a good stock of kitchen utensils, the bed is sooo comfortable, we loved the ducks on the lawn in the mornings, and the owl hooting in the tree in the evening. Taking our dog with us presented no problem, plenty of walks. We enjoyed the Kings Head at Winkliegh, great food! A trip to Bude, a lovely beach. We loved it all.. Will go again next year.”
- “Friendly welcome & Relaxing Holiday”
- “My husband and I stayed here in July 2011, the owner made us extremely welcome on arrival and was always on hand if we needed anything. The gardens are spacious & tranquil with plenty of space to roam - and we enjoyed a thoroughly relaxing week pottering round at our own pace.”
- “Wonderful, dog friendly location”
- “Had a wonderful week here with husband and dog. Welcomed by owner with tea and biscuits on the front terrace. The venue was superbly comfortable and owner was available but not intrusive. Thoroughly recommend this place to anyone (actually we already have!!) We will be returning.”
- “SHEER BLISS”
- “What a wonderfull place to stay, relax, soak up the scenery and explore the area! Will definitely be going back, sometime (i hope)...”
- “Comfortable And Smokers Welcome”
- “Stayed here for a week using the place as a base for day trips around Cornwall, Devon and Wiltshire. The only problem with that was the travel time between the 'cottage' (actually converted rooms attached to the family residence) and the A30 which added driving time at both ends of the day ... especially as the place is very remote and its all too easy to lose your way, especially after dark. Received a warm welcome but were left well alone for the rest of the week (except for visits by the friendly dogs) which was exactly what we wanted. Arrived late (having got lost on the first night) and had to wash with shampoo as no soap had been provided. I assume this was an oversight as everything else was very adequately provided for. There was no proper shower but a strange contraption plumbed into the side of the bath tub which I personally didn't bother to investigate as there was plenty of hot water for a nice relaxing bath whenever I wanted one in the evenings. No internet access, unfortunately, but a high quality TV and DVD player are provided.”
- “A warm welcome”
- “We were greeted warmly on arriving with a most welcomed cup of tea. The cottage was very comfortable , if a little remote. The owners were around if anything was needed but left us with our privacy.”
- “The cottage was lovely the owners were very friendly and helpful. A very quiet and beautiful part of the country.”
- “Location was heavenly, relaxing and a wonderful setting. The solitude and the peace quiet were worth every penny.”
- “Fantastic cottage peaceful surrounding and very friendly owners - every available amenity and spotlessly clean. Would heartily recommend to anyone considering booking. Particularly enjoyed the ducks saying hello each morning! Looking forward to repeat visit.”
- “Great cottage, very large living room with incorporated kitchen, ample parking, terrific garden, quiet lanes to walk in. I opted to stay around the cottage on two separate days, not just because it rained but because I felt so at home there. I explored Exmoor and Dartmoor, both easily reached from the property.”
About the location
Winkleigh 3 miles; Okehampton 8 miles.
Broadwoodkelly is a delightful country village set among lush green fields, high hedgerows and winding lanes just 8 miles from Okehampton and the ‘Gateway’ to the moors. Surrounded by a labyrinth of country walks, with several excellent fishing rivers, a number of quality golf courses and a wealth of wildlife on the doorstep, there are few better spots from which to experience the joys of country living. Pretty thatched villages with quaint pubs and restaurants abound, while close to hand are a number of Stately homes and National Trust properties. The wide sandy beaches and amazing surf of the North Devon coast is a short drive away, while in the other direction lie the wildest tors of Dartmoor. The cathedral city of Exeter is 50 minutes by car.