- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Kings Nympton 2.5 miles.
At the end of a private drive and tucked away in a quiet, rural location, this fabulous detached barn conversion is set in the grounds of the owners' Victorian manse, amidst 42 acres of rolling meadows and woodland, just a stroll from the River Taw and close to Kings Nympton and Chulmleigh, two beautiful quiet villages in North Devon.
This Kings Nympton cottage offers wonderful contemporary living, yet retains the character and charm of a building which dates back to the late 1800s.
The spacious open plan living area of this North Devon cottage has beautiful slate flooring throughout, a vaulted ceiling complemented by original oak beams, a stunning oak staircase and a woodburning stove.
The master bedroom with a super king-size bed offers breathtaking views of the Taw Valley, and the second bedroom has twin beds, original beams and views over the private garden.
An oak stable door opens out from the sitting area of this Kings Nympton cottage onto the private patio and garden, where herbs can be picked from the raised beds.
Simply relax, take in the view of the valley and watch the passing birds and wildlife or watch the otters as you enjoy a picnic by the stretch of the River Taw that runs through the owners' grounds.
The area surrounding this North Devon cottage is a magical and safe area for children, who can make the most of the great North Devon countryside.
There are some fabulous walks from the doorstep of this Kings Nympton cottage and nearby there is everything the Tarka book has inspired to explore, including a beautiful train journey, cycle tracks and walks along waymarked paths through the forest.
The North Devon coast is only a short drive from this Kings Nympton cottage and long sandy beaches, bracing walks, surfing waves and safe swimming are all to be found there.
This beautifully-presented Kings Nympton cottage offers a special base to explore the diversity of North Devon.
Two bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x twin. Bathroom with double-ended bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Underfloor heating with woodburning stove
- Range cooker with electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and fuel for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private garden with patio, furniture, gas BBQ and garden games, plus use of owners' 42-acre meadow and woodland
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pub 2 miles
- Note: Bicycles, canoeing, fishing, horse riding, babysitting and taxi service by arrangement with owners
- Note: Grocery delivery can be arranged in advance of your arrival.
- Last minute
- “This Cottage greatly exceeded our expectations. There was so much attention to detail - everything we could possibly have needed was provided and more. It was immaculately clean and decorated so stylishly. I could not have been happier and am already thinking about when we might be able to go back.”
- “We would definitely recommend staying at this fantastic Cottage! We, as a family of 3, really enjoyed it! Extremely nice owners.”
- “This cottage was by far the best I've ever stayed in. The location was perfect, everything about the cottage inside and out was excellent! The owners were very welcoming, helpful and extremely friendly people. We didn't want to come home and will be definitely going back next year!”
- “A stunning property in a beautiful location. The owners are friendly and very helpful. It was a delight in itself to return there after a days walking.”
- “Had a warm and personalised welcome by the owners, they are very helpful and give excellent advice on places to visit and where to dine. In an exclusive setting, very calm. The cottage is modernly furbished, restored with great care with a lot of room for children to play. Huge comfortable bed. We had exactly the new year's holiday we wanted.”
- “We stayed for 9 days over Christmas and had the best time ever. The owners are amazing, without being intrusive. The property itself was the best we ever stayed, an excellent blend of contemporary living with traditional features. Lots of interesting places to visit only a short drive away and great walks right on the doorstep. We will be booking this property again for the summer. Thank you to the owners for going above and beyond to make us feel so welcome and have such a memorable stay.”
- “We had an amazing time. The cottage was in an ideal place so close to so many things to do. We couldn't have asked for anything more and we will be going back. Thank you so much.”
- “The cottage was a beautiful property and the interior decorated to a very high standard. One of the nicest properties we have ever stayed in. The owners were helpful and friendly without being intrusive and the surrounding area was peaceful and quiet. It was nice to come home and have a roaring log fire.”
- “Primrose Cottage was beautiful and truly felt like home from home, it was warm and very inviting and set in beautiful grounds which were excellent to explore. The owners were wonderful and made us feel very welcome.”
- “Beautiful cottage and surrounding grounds. The owner's thought of everything and they were very welcoming. Bottle of wine, card and flowers on arrival. Couldn't fault it and would recommend this property to anyone who likes the countryside. Book this place and you won't be disappointed.”
- “Lovely cottage in a great location. Easy to get to North or South coast from the cottage.”
- “Very beautiful, peaceful surroundings and a beautiful property. Very helpful, friendly and welcoming owners.”
About the location
Chulmleigh 4 miles; South Molton 5 miles; Barnstaple 16.5 miles; Exeter 28 miles.
Kings Nympton is a beautiful thatched village mid way between Exmoor and Dartmoor, and was voted Devon Village of the Year in 1999 by the Campaign for the Preservation of Rural England. Quintessentially English, the village is home to the award-winning thatched and beamed The Grove Inn, which serves excellent home-cooked food and a wonderful range of ale and cider all year round. With Exmoor and Dartmoor so close, there is great walking in the area, and within an hour's drive you can reach the coast at a number of lovely beaches.