- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
Chulmleigh 2.8 miles.
This fabulous rural annexe is attached to the owners' home, within a terraced woodland setting near Kings Nympton and Chulmleigh, two beautiful quiet villages in North Devon.
Situated close to the beautiful meandering River Taw, this cosy ground floor cottage offers a character holiday home perfect for couples with a friendly welcome from the owners.
The spacious open plan living room has lovely natural stone flooring, a fitted kitchen, a comfy sofa and a table tennis/pool table that converts to a dining table for that cosy night in.
Down the hall is the double bedroom and opposite, the bathroom with double shower and modern lighting.
Within the terraced garden is a sitting area, an ideal place to unwind, take in the view of the valley and watch the passing birds and wildlife.
The owner's are also happy for you dine alfresco by the fire pit/BBQ.
Why not wander down the road to try spotting an otter on the River Taw that runs close by?
There is even a dog shower for those with a dog coming back after a countryside walk.
Nearby there is everything the Tarka book has inspired you to explore with some fabulous walks from the doorstep, including trails along waymarked paths through the forests and cycle tracks.
The quiet Tarka train line offers a beautiful train journey and there is a station just two minutes’ walk from the cottage.
The North Devon coast is only a short drive away where long sandy beaches, bracing walks, surfing and safe swimming are all to be found.
This beautifully-presented cottage offers a special base to explore the diversity of this fantastic area.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with double shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Shared use of owners' half acre woodland garden with furniture and built-in fire pit/BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pub 2.8 miles
- Note: Grocery delivery can be arranged in advance of your arrival, please contact the owner for more information
- Note: Pilates (studio closed unless classes booked) and nutrition and juicing appointments available on site at extra cost
- Please contact owner to book and for more information
- Note: Dining table doubles as table tennis/pool table
- Note: Property is next to an A road and therefore enables easy access to the area.
About the location
Winkleigh 6.3 miles; Barnstaple 18 miles; Exeter 25 miles.
Chulmleigh is a delightful village in the heart of Devon, with a real, old-fashioned community spirit. With its narrow cobbled lanes, rows of thatched cottages, courtyards and welcoming inns it is a pleasure to wander here in this relatively unspoilt part of Devon. It is a year-round destination, with summer gardens and winter walks to enjoy. The 180-mile Tarka Trail starts in nearby Eggesford Forest, which is on the banks of the River Taw, and follows a pretty route through woodland, and offers some spectacular moorland views. Chulmleigh is particularly good for birdwatchers, who can spot kingfishers, cormorants, goosanders and dippers along the quiet riverbanks. Fishing is a popular sport in the area, with salmon and sea trout in the rivers and coarse fishing on Catham Lakes and Huntacott Water. Chulmleigh is midway between the national parks of Dartmoor and Exmoor and within easy reach of the rugged north Devon coast.
Note: Part of the garden is currently being landscaped and will be available from Spring 2016.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute