- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
Hatherleigh 1.5 miles.
An attractive detached, thatched barn conversion situated next to the owner’s home at the end of a country lane, 1.5 miles from the Devon market town of Hatherleigh and within walking distance of the popular Tarka Trail.
Set in an isolated position, but close to neighbouring farms, this lovely Hatherleigh cottage provides a quiet rural retreat.
Inside this cottage near Hatherleigh, there is a large sitting room with a woodburner, ideal to relax in front of after a day exploring the Tarka Trail.
Also on the ground floor are a kitchen and a family bathroom, whilst the bedrooms on the first floor boast lovely views of the surrounding rolling green countryside.
There is so much to see and do from your Devon cottage, with interesting craft shops and a thatched pub in Hatherleigh, to the breathtaking Dartmoor National Park which is within easy reach.
Fabulous surfing on the North Cornwall Coast, along with the delights of the Eden Project can be enjoyed within an hour’s drive, but even closer to your Hatherleigh cottage are Okehampton Castle, the gardens at Torrington and the War Horse Valley Family Park at Iddesleigh.
This delightful Hatherleigh cottage provides a comfortable base where you can relax amongst the Devon countryside.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x single. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
Electric central heating with woodburner. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Ample off road parking. Front courtyard with BBQ. Four well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 1.5 miles.
- Last minute
- “Stunning week in beautiful thatched cottage”
- “Perfect cottage for a relaxing holiday in the beautiful Devon countryside. Cottage well equipped, lovely comfy beds and is Ideal for pet owners as up to 4 dogs are allowed at no extra cost, Wake up in the morning to the sounds of ducks in the adjacent fenced in duck pond. Perfectly located for exploring Devon, and not far from superb beaches on the north Cornwall coast. The owners are lovely and most welcoming and live in an adjacent detached thatched cottage. For walkers the cottage is on the Tarka Trail footpath, which slightly further north becomes a cycleway.”
- “Simply beautiful”
- “We were greeted with a warm and friendly welcome by our hosts, who were lovely. The Cottage itself is beautiful and has everything that you need. The cottage is clean, comfortable and homely. It is located down a very long narrow lane, but this adds to the feeling of getting away from it all. The cottage is situated actually along the Tarka Trail, so if walking is your thing you can start from your front door. Widemouth beach is within a reasonable drive for a day at the coast. My younger daughter loved having our very own duck pond, (which is fenced off for safety). This a great place to really get away from all the hustle and bustle and enjoy the peace and quiet, but is still within easy reach of the local attractions within a short drive. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Groves Fishleigh.”
- “Perfect holiday - home away from home!”
- “My husband and I stayed, with our three dogs, at Groves Fishleigh for one week in August 2014. The cottage was spotless, extremely comfortable and it had everything we needed. It really felt like a home away from home! The hosts were very warm and helpful and we appreciate that they welcomed our 3 dogs. The location is ideal for exploring Devon & Cornwall. We look forward to returning again!”
- “Such a wonderful cottage, really didn't want to leave! The cottage was beautiful, so comfortable and warm. Set at the end of a very long lane, which added to the feeling of seclusion, privacy, peace and quiet. Couldn't fault anything on this holiday, we'd go back in a flash! Please, please can we move in?”
- “Beautiful well equipped thatched cottage in a quiet rural location. The owners were very friendly and welcoming. This is one of very few holiday homes that cater for more than 2 dogs and was ideal for us.”
- “A lovely cottage that is set in beautiful surroundings. The owners were both very welcoming to me and my family and we would recommend this cottage to anyone who is looking for a relaxing break.”
- “The property owners were very helpful and friendly and yet kept a respectful distance to allow us some privacy. The cottage location was particularly lovely with easy walking from the front door. The owners accept dogs and yet the property and grounds were spotless and beautifully presented. I would highly recommend this cottage.”
- “The property was very good and the interior was excellent. It was very quiet where it was situated, there are not many properties you can go where sheep from the nearby farm are right outside your windows. Overall it was very good and we would recommend it to anyone who wants a quiet relaxing holiday. The owners were very pleasant and we had no problems at all.”
- “We received a very warm reception from the owners and nothing was too much trouble. The setting was idyllic, with a duck pond and many species of wild birds, also sheep and lambs grazing in the fields surrounding the property. Not too far from good beaches and places of interest.”
- “A relaxing, peaceful place to stay. The fact that we could take 3 dogs made it perfect for us and the comfortable beds and sofas helped us to unwind after days out with a cosy log burner to sit round. This is a lovely part of Devon, very easy to go North or South with loads to see and do. Easy access to the moor as well.”
- “Beautiful and comfortable cottage set in tranquil surroundings. Excellent location for exploring the county. Friendly and helpful owners.”
- “A lovely quiet cottage, and the owners were very helpful but never interfering.”
- “Beautiful cottage and lovely owners. Have recommended it to all my dog owner friends & people I work with for a break with the kids. Great base to go off and explore and very reasonably priced. Will definitely book again.”
- “We had a wonderful weeks holiday. Relaxing and comfortable. Beautiful outlook with its own duck pond and surrounded by fields. The Tarka Trail literally passes the front door, so, lots of lovely walks. The owners were very friendly and welcoming. Would recommend and will return.”
- “The Granary is the perfect retreat for those seeking total peace and tranquility in a very rural setting and was great for our dogs.”
About the location
Okehampton 7 miles.
Hatherleigh is an ancient market town consisting of cob and thatch cottages situated in the heart of rural Devon. Hatherleigh lies in the Torridge Valley just seven miles from the edge of the Dartmoor National Park, and is a wonderful central location for the coast to coast long distance trail, which includes the popular Tarka Trail. The town itself offers a varied selection of interesting craft shops, country inns and cafes. Within driving distance are Okehampton Castle, the beautiful RHS Rosemoor Gardens at Torrington, and even to the dramatic surfing beaches around Bude. Hatherleigh’s central position makes it an ideal location from which to explore this area of Devon.