- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Parkham 0.5 miles. This private wing of a secluded farmhouse provides a cosy, rural holiday cottage on the edge of the Devon village of Parkham. Surrounded by twenty acres of grassy meadows with grazing cattle, sheep and lambs, this Parkham cottage is approached along a private lane and boasts a pretty cottage garden overlooking the rolling countryside, ideal for relaxing in after a walk in the local woods. The living accommodation at this Parkham cottage makes it ideal for families and groups to dine and relax together in front of the woodburning stove. Furnished and decorated in a pretty, country style, this Parkham cottage comfortably sleeps five people in two bedrooms, with one enjoying delightful valley views. Lovely walks can be enjoyed from this Parkham cottage, including a half-mile stroll across fields to the 13th century village pub serving home-cooked meals and local ales. The beach at Westward Ho! and the indoor farm attractions of The Milky Way Adventure Park and The BIG Sheep are only a few miles away, whilst the historic fishing villages of Clovelly and Appledore plus the waterside town of Bideford are close to this Parkham cottage making it a lovely location all year round.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x family room with 1 small double and 1 single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Oil, electricity and wood for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Enclosed lawned garden to rear with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 5 miles, pub 1 mile. Note: Owner has chickens and sheep around the property so please ensure dogs are kept under control. Note: No mobile signal.
- Last minute
- “Fabulous stay for a couple and their dog”
- “Welcomed warmly with scones and jam, lovely cottage in a peaceful setting - ideal for us and our dog, pub is dog-friendly with good food and only about 20mins by road (steep hill). Great base for touring the area - so good we're going back for a week in April and can't wait.”
- “Peaceful country escape”
- “Friendly hosts, great hospitality, good fire & plenty of logs. Great surroundings and loved the peace & quiet. Cream tea on arrival a very nice touch. Good value for money - will definitely come back!”
- “A great west country holiday”
- “A beautiful Devon farm cottage in a wonderful location. Well equipped holiday home. The owners were helpful on arrival and throughout stay. A recommended place to stay:)”
- “It was quiet and peaceful at the farm and because we are used to the sky at the town at night, we found it nice dark. The children could see so many stars! Our dog was welcome all the time and there was a wonderful garden. We hopefully come again next year! Susanne, Germany”
- “Warm welcome, very homely cottage, lovely location and great for the dog (and us). A fabulous place to go and unwind from the stresses of real life. Can't wait to go back again (this was our second stay).”
- “Can't fault the cottage or the holiday at all. The owners were lovely. The farm and the surrounding area are beautiful. We were given lots of good tips and places to go. My children collected fresh eggs every morning and had a fantastic time. Can't wait to go again.”
- “The location was superb! On a working farm, with sheep and chickens right outside the door. The owners were lovely people and the cream tea ready for our arrival was a very nice touch. The cottage was cosy, extremely peaceful but with lots to see and do within a short distance.”
- “We liked where The Cottage was situated, it was just what we were looking for. The owner was very nice and helpful. We would recommend The Cottage to any family looking for a relaxing holiday, doing thier own thing. It was situated within easy reach of the areas we wanted to visit”
- “We had a lovely holiday in Devon. Our hosts were really nice people; it was worth the money just to meet them. Fantastic location right in the heart of the countryside with great access to the area via public footpaths.”
- “A lovely cottage with a very warm welcome. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we will be returning for another holiday soon.”
- “We received such a warm welcome. Lovely cottage with stunning views and fab location in a village. Comfortable and very cosy with a warm open fire. A short uphill country walk to the local pub builds up an appetite! Thanks for a lovely stay, would definitely recommend!”
About the location
Bideford 6 miles.
Parkham nestles in a tranquil North Devon valley, three miles from the dramatic coastline around Barnstaple Bay and a ten minute drive from the picturesque fishing village of Clovelly, famous for working donkeys, smuggling stories and ancient cottages clinging to the cliffside. Parkham has a traditional 13th century village inn with a wealth of old world charm, with oak beams, cob walls and open fires all under a traditional thatched roof. Parkham is close to an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and The National Trust own and manage extensive tracts of coastline along the North Devon coast including Peppercombe Valley, Worthygate and Sloo Woods. Just six miles away from Parkham is the quaint bustling town of Bideford which boasts a medieval bridge, town quay, quaint pannier market and vibrant shopping area - all well worth a visit. For the more active, several major surfing beaches, golf courses, theme parks and other attractions are nearby. The beautiful cliff-top fishing village of Clovelly is half an hour by road and the delights of Exmoor and Dartmoor can be reached in under an hour.