- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Axminster 5 miles. This charming cottage is located amidst beautiful Devon countryside in the little hamlet of Ham, off the beaten track, yet only one mile from the village of Dalwood and within easy reach of the pretty market town of Axminster. Attached to the owners' home and set in large grounds within a peaceful, rural haven, this Axminster cottage is perfect for a small family and provides an ideal base for enjoying plenty of walks along the lanes, woods and riverside in this beautiful part of Devon. With two lovely bedrooms and an open plan living area, which enjoys views of the surrounding farmland, this cottage in Axminster caters perfectly for your peaceful holiday. After relaxing in the cosy sitting area, taking in the views and recalling your busy day, why not prepare a meal in the lovely fitted kitchen for the whole family to enjoy? If you'd prefer, it is only a short walk from this Axminster cottage annexe to the nearest village pub, an old thatched inn which serves excellent food. Axminster has a lot to offer the visitor including individual shops, a museum, a haunted pub and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's organic canteen. The coast is only a twenty minute drive from this cottage in Axminster and there are several resorts worth visiting, including Lyme Regis, a spacious town where the sheer scale of Lyme Bay hits the visitor with its splendid views towards the rugged sandstone cliffs. This is the dramatic Jurassic Coast in all its glory. Charmouth Beach is another place of interest nearby, with a mixed sandy and pebble beach and fronting a background of stunning hills; it is a beautiful place to watch the waves roll in and out of the bay. A stay in this Devon cottage will promise you a fabulous mix of rural charm and coastal splendour.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single with folding single bed on request. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with small fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed patio garden with furniture at rear
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: The cottage is attached to the owners' house but has a private entrance door and garden
- Note: Max
- 3 adults.
Note: Max. 3 adults.
- Last minute
- “Just perfect”
- “We had the most amazing time at Little Greenhayes. Located in a very quiet and peaceful environment, the views from the cottage are splendid. The cottage itself was beautifully decorated and everything we needed during our stay was there. The two bedrooms were nicer than in most hotels, in my opinion. It was very, very clean and very private. I would recommend a stay at Little Greenhayes to everyone! Lots of places to visit nearby.”
- “Great cottage, nicely decorated, good amenities”
- “Very comfortable, all amenities including cable channels and wifi! Lovely property- modern decorated and clean. Ownders made us and our two young children very welcome.”
- “A nice comfortable cottage which included everything you may need. There was a good view to the front, good parking and good WiFi.”
- “The cottage suited all our needs and was well equipped, comfortable and in a beautiful spot with lovely views. The owners were friendly and helpful. We found lots to do nearby to entertain the kids including a warm, very quiet swimming pool, animal park, miniature railway park, beaches, lovely places to eat etc.”
- “A great property in a nice countryside location.”
- “An excellent little cottage in a fantastic part of the country. Friendly and helpful owners. Highly recommended.”
- “Everything was perfect all through our stay.”
- “The cottage was in a lovely location, very peaceful with wonderful views. It was the right place to rest and recharge our batteries. The owners were very helpful, but not continually 'harassing' us, like some places we have stayed.”
- “Lovely views of the countryside from the windows. Close to several beaches.”
About the location
Wadbrook 3 miles; Chard 7 miles; Taunton 24 miles.
The lovely market town of Axminster has been made famous by the well-known organic shop and canteen in the area, which were introduced by TV presenter Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. Nestled in outstanding peaceful countryside, Axminster is certainly a place to relax and unwind. Famous for its carpets, which are often likened to Turkish examples, it is one of Devon’s prettiest smaller towns. Situated on the River Axe and within easy reach of both the West Dorset and East Devon Jurassic Coast, Axminster has many attractions, including plenty of privately owned shops, a weekly market and excellent old inns, with one dating back 100 years with its own resident ghost! With beautiful views on offer and the National Trust properties of Shute Barton and Loughwood Meeting House close by, Axminster is a must to visit.