- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Kilve 1 mile.
Even before entering this beautiful, wood-clad holiday home you will know that you’ve made the right choice.
This delightful, single-storey cottage is located at the top of the stunning Quantock Hills, within walking distance of the Somerset village of Kilve.
From the path leading to the front door, you will be able to admire the breathtaking countryside views, down to the coast and across the sea to Wales, where on clear days you can see the top of the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff!
Once inside this luxury cottage, you will be met with a quality, spacious open plan living area with exposed oak beams, floor to ceiling picture windows and comfy leather sofas, which you will want to snuggle up into with a glass of wine whilst the warmth of the woodburning stove helps you relax.
The kitchen is part of the living area, where you can prepare and enjoy a scrumptious meal in peaceful surroundings, and also available is an American style fridge/freezer and an instant boiling hot water tap for teas and coffees.
From the living area you enter the bedrooms with zip/link, super king-size beds, en-suite facilities, fluffy towels, soft linen and silk wallpaper; perfect for breakfast in bed before venturing out for the day.
A large covered veranda leads to the sizeable, enclosed south-facing garden with its flat patio area, an ideal place for a spot of alfresco dining or a morning coffee, and you’re sure to make use of the hot tub to sooth aching bones after a long day’s walking the Quantock Hills.
From the raised lawned garden above the cottage, you will again be able to enjoy the delightful vistas before you.
The best of both coast and country are on the doorstep, with the nearest beach, just 1.5 miles away, and the Quantock Hills are at the end of the garden.
The nearest shop and pub are also within walking distance, so there’s plenty that's close at hand.
Somerset has much to offer, including historical attractions, such as Montacute House and Dunster Castle, sandy beaches at Dunster and Watchet, and a stay here isn't complete without a visit to beautiful Bath.
A luxury holiday home for couples and families, with something for everyone in the area.
All ground floor. Two super king-size double bedrooms (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Oil underfloor heating throughout with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, American fridge/freezer, Nespresso coffee machine, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Bike storage
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio, hot tub, furniture and BBQ
- Outside hot and cold taps available
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 14 mins walk
- Note: Property accessed via a mile long narrow country lane, there are passing places
- Note: There are five steps to access the property
- Note: Although all ground floor, this cottage isn’t suitable for wheelchair users
- Note: A maid service, home-cooked food, beauty treatments and dog grooming are all available at an additional cost
- Please contact the owner for more details and prices
- Note: Winter Short Breaks available (3 night Friday start only, or 4 night Monday start only) at £490
- 7 night bookings from the end of October to the end of March (excluding Christmas, New Year and February half term weeks) are to begin on Monday or Friday only.
About the location
Williton 5 miles; Bridgwater 13 miles.
The small village of Kilve is situated in the Quantock Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, just five miles from the village of Williton and thirteen miles from the town of Bridgwater in Somerset. Kilve hosts a quaint pub, Post Office and shop for all your general needs, as well as the Old Chantry tea rooms, which are set in an ancient monastery. There’s plenty to see and do from the village, including a beach, just 1.5 miles away, from where you may be lucky enough to spot fossils amongst the rock formations. Your first point of call is surely to explore the Quantock Hills, known locally as ‘the hidden jewel of England’. At 9,500 acres, there’s open moorland and woodlands on offer, along with an abundance of wildlife. The town of Bridgwater is also within each reach, offering several buildings of historical interest and an excellent selection of restaurants and pubs, as well as the annual Bridgwater Illuminated Carnival in November, where the use of over 20,000 light bulbs result in a mesmerising display of colour, sound and entertainment. Also in the area are a number of other beaches at Watchet, Dunster and Minehead, historical places of interest, such as Montacute House, Dunster Castle, Barrington Court, Cleve Abbey and Glastonbury Abbey, as well as the cities of Bristol and Bath, which are well worth a visit. A lovely base for your Somerset retreat.
Note: Winter Short Breaks available (3 night Friday start only, or 4 night Monday start only) at £490. 7 night bookings from the end of October to the end of March (excluding Christmas, New Year and February half term weeks) are to begin on Monday or Friday only.