- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This immaculate holiday apartment is set on a quiet hilly street above the harbour area in the busy seaside town of Ilfracombe, North Devon. Furnished in a comfortable modern style, this Ilfracombe apartment boasts some magnificent views towards Capstone Point and the sea beyond and is ideal for a family holiday. All the rooms are on the 3rd floor of a Victorian house; however this Ilfracombe apartment has its own entrance from street level, with no internal stairs and so is easily accessible. The sitting room and one of the double bedrooms have doors leading to a balcony with distant sea views, ideal for relaxing and planning the day ahead. The seaside resort of Ilfracombe offers many attractions for families including four beaches, the historic harbour, aquarium, theatre and some spectacular coastal walks. Nearby are the coastal villages of Lynton and Lynmouth with a cliff-top railway and boutique shops, plus further afield are the sweeping hills and valleys of Exmoor where native ponies can be seen. A convenient Ilfracombe holiday apartment close to the town's amenities and beaches.
All third floor. Three bedrooms: 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, electric fire and doors to balcony with seating and sea views.
Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, Blu-ray DVD, CD player. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair available. Free roadside parking available in roads surrounding apartment on a first come, first served basis. Additional parking in Brookdale long stay public car park, 5 mins walk from apartment (from £2 per day depending on time of year). Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops, pubs and coast 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Excellent place to stay”
- “We stayed in this apartment with a 3 year old, a teenager, 4 adults and a pensioner and it was a great holiday. The place is very well kept, is clean and well decorated. The owners were very nice, helpful and gave advice on places to eat and visit. The owners have left toys for the children which is a lovely touch, DVD's and books. The location is fantastic and is between the seafront and the town with a view of the sea from the balcony. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. The kitchen was well stocked with cutlery and crockery and all of the appliances are clean and good quality. There was plenty of space and the bedrooms are a decent size. The only thing that was missing was internet but I understand the difficulty of this. Our mobiles did not get a good reception so this could not be used either but this is probably a good thing as we had a teenager with us :). You will not be disappointed with this holiday home. One piece of advice is to buy a weekly car park pass as this covers quite a few places in North Devon. The person below offered his parking space but as we were traveling around so much, we found this more suitable. It is a bit of a distance but if you get chance, the Williams Arms in Braunton has a fantastic carvery and the building itself is a stunning thatched restaurant. Google it and you will see what I mean.”
- “Mrs. Laundys stay in ilfracombe”
- “the accommodation was very good, plenty of space and the bathroom facilities excellent as we had an elderly couple with us and the walk in shower was ideal. The kitchen was well equipped with amenities and kitchen utensils for everyday use. The utility room an excellent extra room for storing shoes, wet clothes, drying clothes, etc. The beds were all of good quality and good nights sleep was had by all of us. The apartment was extremely clean. Very good location. Could do with a handrail outside up the steps.”
- “The property was in a great position with sea views of Ilfracombe and we found ourselves within walking distance to all attractions. Overall a good sized apartment for 6 people.”
- “The view from the sitting room was stunning and it was a well-equipped property which was very clean & tidy.”
- “The cottage was lovely and the setting was ideal.”
- “The apartment was very nice, a good location between the town and the beach. Everyone had been catered for as there were books, DVD's, toys for children and even a crab line and some buckets. We had great fun fishing for crabs and looking in the rock pools. I would definitely recommend this apartment to anyone who is going to visit Ilfracombe. One piece of advice is to get a weekly parking pass as this will allow you to stay in other car parks in North Devon. Well worth the money. The owners of the property are very friendly and helpful in giving advice.”
About the location
Barnstaple 11 miles.
The bustling seaside town of Ilfracombe lies on a beautiful stretch of North Devon coastline, with five beaches, much of it owned by the National Trust. Ilfracombe is only a ten minute drive from Exmoor National Park, with its rolling countryside and quaint villages. Ilfracombe's heritage harbour and quay are spectacular, with many pubs, restaurants and shops that create a lively, friendly atmosphere. From here, take a boat trip to magical Lundy Island, a place of natural beauty, which will provide you with an unforgettable experience. Ilfracombe is the centre for some of the finest walking country in England. Whether you enjoy a gentle promenade walk around Capstone Hill, tackling the rugged coastal path or prefer the river valleys and tranquillity of the moorland hills of Exmoor, you will find the scenery spectacular. To the east of Ilfracombe are the unique villages of Lynton and Lynmouth with its cliff top railway, and to the west lie the delights of Clovelly and Hartland. Moreover just a couple of miles away is the 3 mile long golden beach of Woolacombe Bay, a place to relax in the sun or catch some waves surfing. Ilfracombe is the perfect location for a North Devon holiday, offering you a gateway to an exciting blend of stunning coastal scenery, seaside fun, rural tranquillity and centuries of heritage and style.