- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Lamacraft Farm Cottages
Hallsands 0.5 miles. Situated between Salcombe and Dartmouth in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, these wonderful holiday cottages are situated on the owners' non-working farm, in a beautiful, tranquil valley near Hallsands, a small fishing village in the South Hams area of Devon. Approached along winding roads amongst rolling countryside and meadows, these cottages are perfect for friends and families escaping the hustle and bustle of everyday life and exploring Devon’s South Coast. Each of the cottages offer comfortable sleeping arrangements and modern shower rooms, perfect for de-sanding yourselves after a day at the beach! They offer a well-equipped kitchen where you can enjoy delicious home-cooked meals, and plan the holiday’s adventures! After a day spent exploring this glorious area, relax and unwind in the cosy sitting room, each boasting a warming woodburning stove. Each cottage has a rear seating area, little sun traps where you can sit and gaze at the views, and on warm summer afternoons, enjoy a barbecue as you watch the sun setting on the horizon. The cottages have immediate access to a footpath that leads to Hallsands beach and onwards onto the South West Coast footpath, the beautiful shingle beach of North Hallsands and the National Trust clifftops. A dream for walking enthusiasts, the South West Coast Path can be accessed within a short fifteen minute walk. Continue on to Start Point and Start Point Lighthouse, and venture to the dog-friendly, sandy beaches of Mattiscombe and Lannacombe, both just two miles away, or take a trip to Torcross and Slapton in the opposite direction. The neighbouring villages of Beesands and East Prawle have their own collections of traditional and interesting village pubs and shops, whilst the cottages are equidistant to the popular yachting towns of Salcombe and Dartmouth, and Kingsbridge is a short drive away. Further afield the South Hams boasts a host of popular coastal towns waiting to be discovered, including Totnes, Bantham and Bigbury. These fabulous cottages make the perfect, quiet retreat for exploring the South Hams, all year round.
This fabulous, end-terrace cottage situated on the owners' non-working farm near Hallsands is beautifully presented boasting outstanding views of the surrounding countryside and down to the coast, and from the conservatory, across to Blackpool Sands, Dartmouth, and Start Bay. There are three bedrooms on the upper level of this coastal cottage near Hallsands, Start Point, and Kingsbridge, including a king-size double, a twin room, and small, cosy single, with a shower room on the first and ground floors. There is a well-equipped kitchen in this cottage near Hallsands and Kingsbridge with a dining area, a separate elegant dining room leading to the conservatory with comfy seating and sea views, and a cosy sitting room with a woodburning stove. On the first floor of this coastal cottage near Hallsands, the landing leads outside where you will find your own seating area enjoying views across the countryside and an area for barbecues. This cottage near Hallsands and Kingsbridge truly is an ideal base for a relaxing family holiday exploring the South Hams. Note: This property is next to Refs. 915584 and 915585, together they sleep 13.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x 2' 6" single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Dining room with conservatory. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Electric air source central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, CD/DAB radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot (please bring own bedding) and highchair
- Off road parking for 1 car, plus 1 additional parking space subject to availability
- Patio with furniture
- Shared garden with BBQ area
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles via coastal path or approx 3 miles by road
- Last minute
- “Amazing Location”
- “Stayed at Wisteria Cottage in August 2014 , fabulous cottage very spacious , views are amazing. Really well equipped cottage - every thing you use at home you will find here - the family that own these cottages have thought of everything , wonderfully equipped. Some lovely little touches . Located about 20 mins drive from Kingsbridge which is the nearest main town. Beautiful local beaches Hallsands and Beesands . We took our two small dogs on this holiday , The Cricket Arms at Beesands allow dogs inside and the Ring O Bells in West Alvington plus lots more pubs. The roads take time to get used to but after a couple of days you'll be wizzing around them. WIFI a bit hit and miss but I think this depends on the weather. You will not be disappointed with this cottage, beautiful gardens and interior.”
- “We could totally chill out. It had beautiful views, was peaceful and quiet, and in proximity to several dog friendly beaches.”
- “A very comfortable cottage in a fantastic location. Great coastline, great local pubs and the whole area (including shops, pubs and restaurants) was very dog friendly.”
- “A cosy cottage in a lovely location, ideal for walking and exploring this part of Devon. The kitchen was a good size and was well equipped. Generally the cottage was of a good standard and very comfortable.”
- “The view from the conservatory is magic and true to the pictures on the website. A real moment of peace. The area is beautiful and the property very pleasant.”
- “The cottage was bigger than expected and very well equipped. The weather was great most of the time which helped as it was a coastal location and meant we could enjoy the beaches with the dog and kids. The views were outstanding and we were right on the path to Hallsands and also a zig-zag route from the viewpoint which was good for walking the dog first thing.”
- “We loved our stay at Wisteria Cottage, which was nicely appointed and was more spacious than we had expected. The setting is gorgeous.”
- “Loved the rural location and fabulous views. It was so peaceful, we were not disturbed by a single person for the duration of the 4 day stay. Perfect for pets, and we lit the log fire every evening. Extremely comfortable beds and terrific hot power shower! Really impressed, would stay again.”
- “Wonderful peaceful location. Lovely property, countryside and sea views and grounds. Good walks.”
- “Wisteria Cottage was very well equipped. The owners made us very welcome at their property and really had thought of everything. A very spacious cottage with beautiful gardens and amazing views.”
About the location
Start Point 1.5 miles; Beesands 3 miles; East Portlemouth 5.5 miles; Kingsbridge 8 miles.
Hallsands is a small village near Start Point, one of the most southerly points on Devon’s coastline, near Salcombe in the beautiful South Hams area. The sheltered South Hams Peninsula is in 'deepest Devon', a pastoral landscape of flowering hedgerows and ancient sunken lanes, carved into by the richly wooded Avon and Dart Valleys. This quiet fishing village, with its dog-friendly, unspoilt beach, is situated next to the historic ‘old village’ of South Hallsands, just three miles from the popular Beesands Beach which has its own gastro pub and shop. This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is decorated with white, pink and ochre thatched cottages, picturesque fishing ports such as Dartmouth, and is renowned for its stunning coastline, popular with yachting enthusiasts. Much of the clifftop land has been acquired by the National Trust, a haven for bird watchers and walkers who take advantage of the South West Coast Path, peppered with perfect picnic spots. Nearby, uncover the beauty of Blackpool Sands and Torcross, a historic site where the Normandy landings were practiced; explore the nature reserve at Slapton Ley, and stroll along Slapton Beach, feeling the soft sand between your toes. Park at East Portlemouth and catch the ferry across to the beautiful seaside town of Salcombe with its renowned estuary, or visit the Start Point Lighthouse, less than a mile away. Hallsands is a wonderful base for uncovering the unspoilt beauty of Devon and the South Hams, all year round.