- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Washing machine
Copplestone 1 mile.
This attractive detached lodge is set in the owners' grounds, just one mile from the village of Copplestone and thirteen miles from Exeter.
This single-storey cottage offers ideal accommodation for couples or families who wish to explore this part of Devon.
Your Copplestone lodge offers a light and airy open plan living area, consisting of a well-equipped kitchen, dining area and comfortable sitting area, along with a bathroom and two bedrooms, one of which has an en-suite shower room.
This Copplestone cottage has its own garden where you can sit, watch and listen to the multitude of birds and wildlife, whilst enjoying a cold drink or a morning coffee, plus you're welcome to wander around the owners' field down towards the lake.
The village of Copplestone has a shop and pub and provides one of the stops on the well-known railway, The Tarka Line, plus there is a golf course across the road from the cottage.
Dartmoor National Park is only half an hour's drive away, where you can enjoy dramatic walks, treks on Dartmoor ponies and many stone circles and prehistoric monuments.
The cathedral city of Exeter is only a twenty minute drive away from this Copplestone lodge, where you will find a lively mix of theatre, retail therapy and friendly eateries.
This Copplestone cottage is an excellent base for retreats to the countryside, at any time of year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile.
- “A great property which was well kept and extremely clean.”
- “This bungalow was very comfortable warm and extremely quiet. A lovely relaxing week.”
- “Lovely accommodation and setting, would be very suitable for an older person as well. Good central location for visiting the many tourist attractions Devon has to offer.”
- “Superb quiet location, easy access to both North and South Devon.”
- “Waterbridge Lodge was in a very quiet, secluded area, yet so many places were easily accessible. All enabled a very peaceful, relaxing week.”
- “This was the most clean and tidy cottage we have stayed in. The owners were at the end of the telephone and very helpful even down to recommending local pubs. The property was well off the road with large grounds which we were invited to use. This is one property we would be happy to return to.”
- “Ideal location for touring Mid and South Devon. Nice and quiet.”
About the location
Crediton 4 miles; Exeter 13 miles.
Copplestone is a mid-Devon village nestling in lovely green countryside, set four miles from the town of Crediton and a twenty minute drive from the cathedral city of Exeter. Copplestone offers a shop and pub, as well as the Copplestone Cross, which is said to mark the centre of Devon, with many believing it dates back to the 10th century. There is a station at Copplestone, from where you can catch a train on the renowned Tarka Line, which boasts a scenic journey between Exeter and Barnstaple. Mid-Devon is an ideal base for exploring the Dartmoor and Exmoor National Parks, both of which have contrasting landscapes; from the ruggedness of Dartmoor, to the soft rolling hills of Exmoor nudging the North Devon coastline. The nearby town of Crediton is well worth a visit for its attractive main street offering a good mix of local produce, shops and a magnificent 15th century church, plus nearby there are several excellent family attractions including Waie 2 Play, Exeter Sculpture Walk and the Devon Railway Centre with interactive displays and unlimited train rides. A stay in Copplestone offers a fun filled and active countryside holiday.