- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Bridgwater 3 miles.
A very well-presented eaves apartment situated in the grounds of the owner's lovely house, in the village of North Newton near to Bridgewater.
Imaginatively created from the first floor of a stone-built former coach house which dates back to 1886, the warm and comfortable beamed interior of this self-catering apartment near Bridgwater offers couples or small families a most delightful base from which to explore this fascinating area.
The light and airy open plan living space of this Somerset apartment has been tastefully furnished, and provides a characterful place to return to, and with lovely views across the surrounding countryside you are sure to relax and be inspired after your day out!
Enjoy refreshments on the private seating area of this Bridgwater apartment or take a stroll around the owner's well-tended gardens, a real delight.
Locally take a stroll or cycle along the towpath of the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal, a haven for wildlife, which is only a short distance away.
Further afield, the stunning Quantock Hills and the magnificent Somerset Levels, both Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, provide scenic days out.
Alternatively, enjoy a visit to Wells Cathedral, historic Glastonbury, Cheddar Gorge, or even the Somerset coast and Exmoor, all easily accessible from this Bridgwater apartment.
A delightful Somerset holiday apartment to be enjoyed at any time of the year.
All first floor. One eaves family bedroom with 1 double and 1 single. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, breakfast bar, dining area and sitting area with electric stove.
- Electric wall-mounted convector heaters with electric stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, use of owner's tumble dryer by arrangement, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Small gravelled sitting area with furniture, shared use of owner's garden
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 3 mins walk
- Note: Babes-in-arms and children over 4 only
- Note: Unfenced pond in owner's garden, children to be supervised
- Note: Property is accessed by 16 external metal steps
- Note: Some residual traffic noise can be heard from the motorway, which is approx 0.75 miles away
- Note: The owner is a beekeeper and and honey available upon request.
About the location
Burnham-on-Sea 9 miles; Glastonbury 10 miles; Taunton 11 miles.
The town of Bridgwater is an interesting destination with a bustling shopping centre. Being situated close to the Mendip Hills in the North and the Quantocks to the West, the town has several buildings of historical interest, an excellent selection of restaurants and pubs and is notable for the annual Bridgwater Illuminated Carnival in November using over 20,000 light bulbs resulting in a mesmerising display of colour, sound and entertainment. Cheddar is only a few miles away as is Glastonbury, home of King Arthur and pop festivals. The fascinating wetland areas surrounding Bridgwater are internationally renowned for wintering wildfowl and wading birds and support numerous species of breeding birds. Nearby Shapwick Heath is an excellent example of a wetland nature reserve well worth a visit, as is the Steart Marshes on the Bridgwater Bay National Nature Reserve comprising of 2564 hectares of bird and wildlife havens. Bridgwater offers the holidaymaker a rich variety of activities both rural and urban and is conveniently placed for all visitors.
Note: Babes-in-arms and children over 4 only.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute