- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful semi-detached Somerset cottage, a former barn, adjacent to the owner's farmhouse, in a peaceful, rural location in the Vale of Taunton Deane, on the borders of Somerset and Devon, 5 miles from Somerset's county town of Taunton.
This Somerset holiday cottage has been converted to a very high standard, featuring a light and airy interior with open plan living area.
Guests to this Somerset cottage will enjoy the warming woodburning stove, not to mention the lovely views across the extensive lawned garden to the rear of the cottage.
Your Somerset holiday accommodation allows immediate access to open countryside from the doorstep, so you can truly get away from it all and enjoy the excellent scenic walking, cycling and wildlife on offer.
Using this Somerset holiday cottage as a starting point, there's much to discover within a short drive, including Exmoor National Park, the scenic Quantock and Blackdown hills and the North Somerset coast.
A wonderful holiday cottage, providing a comfortable country base from which to explore this lovely part of Somerset.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Undercover bike storage available
- Shared rear lawned garden with partially-fenced pond
- Private rear patio with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: There is a large pond in the garden - please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: The owner has two dogs and a cat.
About the location
VALE OF TAUNTON DEANE
Wellington 3 miles; Taunton 5 miles.
An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Somerset Vale of Taunton Deane, close to the Devon border, is dotted with an abundance of attractive small villages and hamlets, nestling between the Blackdown, Quantock and Brendon Hils, on the edge of Exmoor National Park and the North Somerset coast. The area provides great opportunities for walking, cycling, horseriding and fishing, and is noted for its rich flora and fauna set against a stunning landscape. The local town of Wellington is home to an array of interesting shops, pubs and restaurants, while the county town of Taunton is 5 miles away, allowing visitors to experience a traditional English market town. This lovely area provides a great base for exploring both Somerset and Devon at any time of the year.
- Last minute