- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
Ashburton 2 miles.
This cosy cottage is attached to the owners’ farmhouse, in a rural location on the outskirts of Ashburton in the Dartmoor National Park.
Situated on a quiet farm that breeds and trains racehorses, along with keeping miniature Shetlands, this is the perfect spot for the family to enjoy the beauty of inland Devon, being surrounded by acres of rolling green pastures grazed by ponies.
This lovely cottage feels warm and welcoming yet the oak floors, exposed stone and inglenook fireplace give the cottage a lot of character.
The décor is tasteful and modern and the woodburner is ideal for toasting your toes after a day walking on Dartmoor.
On the first floor there is a spacious king-size double bedroom, plus a twin bedroom (or super king-size double on request) and bathroom on the ground floor.
Also on the ground floor is a kitchen, along with a sitting room with dining area.
The property boasts a private lawned garden with a patio that backs on to the property’s 25 acres of land which boasts fantastic views.
There is a public footpath running alongside the property which leads to Ashburton, a 20 minute walk, where there are excellent shops and pubs.
The pub in the charming Dartmoor village of Widecombe-in-the-Moor is highly recommended, as is Ilsington village pub.
In this beautiful rural heartland of south Devon you are spoilt for choice when it comes to farm food and local ales.
Stay with a friendly family of racehorse breeders who are incredibly welcoming and helpful and be inspired by the natural beauty of Devon.
Whether it’s a private break away or an adventurous Dartmoor family trip, Whiddon Well caters to all.
Two bedrooms: 1 x eaves king-size double, 1 x ground floor twin (can be super king-size double on request). Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Toys for babies on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lawned garden with furniture and children's slide
- Secured wishing well with safety mesh
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: The eaves super king-size double has sloping ceilings and may have limited headroom
- Note: Due to horses and nearby ducks, chickens and cows, please ensure pets are on a lead outside the premises
- There is a peg to which long reins/leads can be attached
- Note: Ofsted registered childminder available, contact owner for fees and for further details
- Note: There are steps leading down to the cottage
- Children can use the slide and there is an alternative route with only 2 steps up for those with limited mobility
- Please speak to owner for more information
- Note: There is an interconnecting door linking the owners’ property and the holiday cottage that can be bolted from both sides
- Note: 4pm check in.
About the location
Newton Abbot 8 miles; Torquay 17 miles; Plymouth 25 miles
The ancient Stannary town of Ashburton lies on the southern slopes of Dartmoor and is an ideal spot from which to explore the rugged high moors to the North and a beautiful coastline to the South. The scenery in this area of South Devon is glorious in all weathers and offers visitors opportunities for walking, pony trekking, canoeing, fishing and lazing on the beach. Ashburton has some interesting artisan shops and with its interesting history and museum, has built a reputation for its high standard of antiques and fine collectables outlets. It also has lovely tea rooms, a wine bar and a fantastic food deli providing fresh fish and olives. In the surrounding area, Dartmoor has many picturesque villages and hamlets with old thatched cottages and ancient churches, surrounded by a patchwork of fields and woodland. Lustleigh, North Bovey, Chagford and Widecombe- in- the- Moor are fine examples. The attractive seaside town of Teignmouth is a half hour drive and the popular Blackpool Sands, although a little further down the coast, is one of South Devon's most beautiful natural treasures. An award-winning privately managed 'Blue Flag' family beach with turquoise blue sea giving it an almost Mediterranean feel. So whether it is moor or coast that you’re seeking for your getaway, Ashburton is a really central town from which to be based.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute