- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
Sheldon 0.5 miles.
A fisherman’s paradise!
A rustic lodge overlooking a beautiful lake and set in woodland within the grounds of the owner's trout farm, half a mile from the picturesque hamlet of Sheldon, and seven miles from Honiton.
In a peaceful rural setting, with just the birdsong and countryside sounds to interrupt the quiet, this lodge will appeal to nature lovers and fishermen alike.
With wood floors throughout, there is a sitting room with comfy sofas and views over the lake, a neat, compact kitchen and a double bedroom with shower room.
There is plenty of space around the lodge to sit and gaze out over the lake, or wander into the woods to spot the woodpeckers.
Surrounded by the Blackdown Hills, this is a fabulous area to explore on foot or you can drive into nearby Honiton, which is steeped in history, where you’ll find plenty of small independent shops, a magnet for antiques dealers and bargain hunters from all over the world, so you could spend hours browsing or bagging a bargain.
A stay in this countryside retreat will refresh and inspire you.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric convector heaters
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with FreeSat, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Covered veranda with furniture, leading to large lawned area (unfenced lake 15 yards)
- Private trout fishing available in lake at extra charge (please contact the owner for more information, there is a 10% reduction for guests)
- Sorry, no pets, no smoking and no vaping
- Shop and pub 3 miles
- Note: As this property is situated in a valley, there is no mobile reception
- Note: Due to the unfenced lake, children should be supervised at all times.
About the location
Honiton 7 miles; Exeter 20 miles.
On the edge of the Blackdown Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with deeply wooded valleys, lush green fields and winding country lanes, Sheldon is the typically peaceful and picturesque country hamlet. A collection of natural stone cottages, the village attracts those who love peace and quiet. Foxes, badgers, deer and a varied birdlife will share your stay here, and yet the Cathedral city of Exeter, with its shops, restaurants and good pubs is just a short drive away. Close at hand, too, is the Heritage Coast of East Devon and Dorset, with the beautiful fishing village of Lyme Regis making a splendid day out. Ottery St Mary, the coastal resort of Sidmouth and the lace-making town of Honiton are all within easy reach. The rocky tors and wild open spaces of Dartmoor, a must for anyone visiting Devon, are only 30 miles away.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute