- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
This spectacular, end-terrace cottage is tucked away down a quiet street in the picturesque port of Watchet, in West Somerset.
Situated in a tranquil area of the town, near the Millstream, this bright and airy Watchet cottage makes a fantastic holiday home for two.
This Watchet cottage features a luxurious king-size double bedroom and bathroom where you can enjoy a relaxing soak in the tub after a day exploring Somerset.
The magnificent open plan living area provides a well-equipped kitchen and a dining area where you can enjoy romantic, candlelit meals as you discuss the day’s adventures.
A warming woodburning stove creates a cosy welcoming aura in the sitting area, making it perfect for unwinding in with a bottle of wine and a good book.
Outside, to the rear of this Watchet cottage, you will find a well-laid out, fully enclosed garden with furniture, perfect for sitting out and listening to the sounds of the surrounding area with a good book and some alfresco dining.
Just a short stroll away from this Watchet cottage, the harbour is a buzz of activity!
The town centre itself hosts a range of small independent shops, a beach rich with interesting fossils, and a train station on the West Somerset Railway line.
This heritage track sees steam trains running through miles of beautiful countryside, connecting Watchet with Dunster, a village boasting a stunning castle overlooking a picture-postcard centre.
Minehead is a short drive away and has a large beach with all the usual accompanying tourist attractions, the perfect ingredients for a fun-filled day at the coast.
This fabulous Watchet cottage enjoys dramatic scenery and is the perfect base for exploring Somerset.
One king-size double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
Gas central heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car in designated private car park. Private enclosed lawned garden with furniture. Bike storage. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 2 mins walk. Note: Property unsuitable for guests under 18yrs, inc. infants.
Note: This property is not suitable for guests under 18yrs (inc. infants).
- Last minute
- “The cottage was in a nice peaceful residential area just a couple of minutes walk from the harbour and all the amenities. It also had good off road parking with a designated space. The accommodation itself was very well equipped, clean, cosy, well furnished including a very comfortable bed. The owners had kindly provided a little welcome pack of milk, chocolate biscuits and orange juice for our arrival.”
- “A lovely bright, airy cottage close to all Watchet amenities. Personal touches from the owners made for a warm welcome and we thoroughly enjoyed our week looking around the town and surrounding area. The sun trap of a back garden added to our enjoyment of the property.”
- “The accommodation and presentation was excellent and the kitchen well equipped.”
- “A lovely restful home from home cottage central to the town and easy distance of surrounding area. Excellent very clean accommodation. We cannot recommend this property enough.”
- “A beautiful, fresh, airy home from home within easy walking distance of the town, including buses and steam train.”
- “First class accommodation which was close to the local amenities, it was a short walk to the bus stop and train station. The garden was enclosed and a sun trap.”
- “It was beautiful, well thought out accommodation. The garden was a delight to sit in and what a sun-trap. It was lovely roomy, clean and attractive. Absolutely faultless.”
- “The Bakery was perfect in every way; well decorated, furnished, and equipped, and with the bonus of a bath which is often not available in small two person properties. Also we selected this cottage as it is close to the steam railway which for us gives the chance for a nostalgic train ride. Good walks close by too, and nearby shops, pubs and places to eat.”
- “Cottage, was as good if not better than any we have stayed in over many years, ideal location for moving around this area of Somerset and North Devon, and evening walks. Cottage has everything you require for a holiday and to a much higher standard than the norm.”
- “This is possibly one of the best cottages we've ever stayed in. There were lots of lovely personal touches - even the details of local events were tailored to our specific dates. It was truly a lovely place.”
- “The accommodation and area were excellent. The Bakery is a credit to the owners. The cottage felt homely and welcoming and it is the little, personal touches made by the owners, that ensure that any stay there is special.”
- “A lovely cottage in a beautiful area. Perfect for a relaxing break by the coast.”
About the location
Minehead 9 miles.
Watchet is a delightful, small Somerset harbour village with a maritime history going back over two millennia, where visitors may enjoy the variety of quaint shops on offer and watch the boats in the marina. Watchet attracts railway enthusiasts from all around, as The West Somerset Railway, twenty miles of preserved steam railway, passes through Watchet and continues through stunning scenery to the coastal town of Minehead, approximately nine miles away. There are superb walks along the coast from Watchet, while towards St Audries in the east, the Quantock Hills rise to 1,000 feet above the sea and the Brendon Hills and Exmoor are to the west, within easy reach. Explore the many pretty coastal and inland villages including Porlock, with its steep hill and pretty winding streets, Dunster with its dramatic castle perched above the historic village and the busy resort of Minehead with its sandy beach, golf course and traditional seaside attractions. This is an excellent choice of holiday destination for rural beauty, dramatic coastline and splendid walking.