- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This comfortable terraced cottage is set in a quiet but convenient location near the heart of the busy market town of Tavistock and just five minutes' drive from Dartmoor National Park.
Furnished in a comfortable traditional style, this Tavistock cottage has a kitchen with a dining area containing a farmhouse table and a sitting room with a feature stone fireplace with gas fire, ideal for cosy evenings in after a brisk walk on the moor.
This cottage has two good-sized double bedrooms and a neat, south-facing garden with a lower patio for outside dining and at the top of the garden there is decking, which is a haven for sun worshippers.
The historic pannier market town of Tavistock has numerous gift shops, cafes, restaurants and friendly pubs, or alternatively, you can visit the Wharf Theatre or take a stroll alongside the River Tavy.
Further afield is the historic naval town of Plymouth with its interesting waterfront, Plymouth Hoe with fabulous views across the Sound, or you could take a small ferry trip across to Mount Edgcumbe and Antony House (NT).
Just a short drive from this Tavistock cottage are numerous moorland villages with inviting inns, providing ample opportunities for pub lunches in between walks on Dartmoor.
A cosy Tavistock cottage close to the town's amenities and shops.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite handwash basin and WC, 1 x twin (can be king-size double on request). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen with dining area. External utility. Sitting room with gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in utility, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD player, HiFi with iPod dock, selection of books
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Enclosed lawned garden with furniture
- Roadside parking
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Regrettably not suitable for small children or anyone with significant mobility problems
- Note: WiFi available from BT Fon Openzone hotspot (available free to BT customers or on a pay as you use basis for non-BT customers)
- WiFi signal can vary and reception isn't guaranteed
About the location
Plymouth 17 miles; Okehampton 8 miles.
A delightful award-winning market town on the River Tavy, nestling in the south-west slopes of Dartmoor. Tavistock has an indoor pannier market, a diverse range of shops, an excellent choice of pubs, bistros, restaurants, a theatre and a cinema, as well as a leisure pool. This is the perfect destination for country lovers who enjoy the convenience of an interesting town on the doorstep. There is excellent walking on Dartmoor, cycling on The National Cycle Network no. 27, renowned game fishing, gardens of distinction and various National Trust properties nearby. Within easy reach is the maritime city of Plymouth, with its Barbican Quay and the Historic Royal William Yard. Torbay, the Eden Project and the sandy surfing beaches of Devon and North Cornwall are all within an hour’s drive and provide activities to keep all the family happy. Tavistock is a wonderful all-year-round holiday destination.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute