- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This comfortable terraced cottage is set in a quiet but convenient location near the heart of the busy market town of Tavistock and just five minutes' drive from Dartmoor National Park. Furnished in a comfortable traditional style, this Tavistock cottage has a kitchen with a dining area containing a farmhouse table and a sitting room with a feature stone fireplace with gas fire, ideal for cosy evenings in after a brisk walk on the moor. This cottage has two good-sized double bedrooms and a neat, south-facing garden with a lower patio for outside dining and at the top of the garden there is decking, which is a haven for sun worshippers. The historic pannier market town of Tavistock has numerous gift shops, cafes, restaurants and friendly pubs, or alternatively, you can visit the Wharf Theatre or take a stroll alongside the River Tavy. Further afield is the historic naval town of Plymouth with its interesting waterfront, Plymouth Hoe with fabulous views across the Sound, or you could take a small ferry trip across to Mount Edgcumbe and Antony House (NT). Just a short drive from this Tavistock cottage are numerous moorland villages with inviting inns, providing ample opportunities for pub lunches in between walks on Dartmoor. A cosy Tavistock cottage close to the town's amenities and shops.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite handwash basin and WC, 1 x twin (can be king-size double on request). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen with dining area. External utility. Sitting room with gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in utility, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD player, HiFi with iPod dock, selection of books
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Enclosed lawned garden with furniture
- Roadside parking
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Regrettably not suitable for small children or anyone with significant mobility problems
- Note: WiFi available from BT Fon Openzone hotspot (available free to BT customers or on a pay as you use basis for non-BT customers).
- Last minute
- “Charming, Peaceful and Comfortable”
- “This has been our third stay in Primrose Cottage and on each occasion we have had a very restful time indeed. The cottage is especially well equipped and, with the addition of those little touches, it makes for a pleasant stay. It is very handy for the town centre which has a host of small shops and the famous pannier market. We would not hesitate to recommend it, although we were unable to access any Wifi in the cottage, relying instead on a couple of local pubs or the library.”
- “Primrose cottage”
- “This is a lovely cottage. Everything you need is there. it is close to the town and to wonderful Dartmoor. The only problem we had sometimes was parking, I think people who work in town would park in the street so twice we had to leave our car in town until it became quieter. But this, although annoying did not detract anything from our holiday,”
- “Well appointed, comfortable and reasonably priced.”
- “We very much enjoyed staying in this amazingly well equipped cottage for three weeks in October 2012. Could not have asked for more really! Nothing had been overlooked in setting up and supplying this charming cottage. The location was perfect for getting to the shops and amenities on foot and Tavistock is a great place to stay for getting around the area in general by car or bus.”
- “Warm and comfortable.”
- “The cottage is conveniently situated two minutes walk from the high street which has a supermarket and many other shops.The property is warm and well kitted out with cutlery,plates and all kitchen appliances including a dishwasher. The only down side is parking as most on-road spaces were often taken and the car park across the road was closed on Christmas and Boxing days. Well situated for trips to Plymouth and walks on Dartmoor.”
- “The convenience to the town centre. The cosiness of the cottage and of course the welcome pack.”
- “This is our third stay in this delightful cottage and we feel like it is our second home! It is warm, cosy and comfortable. We will be booking again!”
- “Very easy access to the town centre. A warm and cosy cottage which was well equipped. It was very well positioned for trips to Plymouth and walks on Dartmoor.”
- “The location was excellent being almost right in the heart of the town whilst still being very quiet. It was warm and cosy and incredibly well equipped.”
- “This cottage is situated in a quiet part of what is a fairly quiet town and, what with the bed being extremely comfortable, made for a peaceful and relaxing break. The cottage wants for nothing in terms of cleanliness and home comforts, and the attention to detail is exceptional.”
- “The cottage was really cosy and amazingly well-equipped and its location very pleasant. We enjoyed visiting Cornwall and Devon and walking in Dartmoor National Park. We would recommend this place and hope to come back one day!”
- “The Cottage had everything we needed and it was close to the town and the countryside. The owners have equipped the cottage very thoughtfully, it was comfortable and private.”
- “The cottage was in a great spot close to town. We could walk to a good supermarket, coffee shop, the pannier markets and the historic part of Tavistock. The kitchen was particularly well-appointed and we were able to easily cook meals there if we wished. It was great to have access to a washing machine and dryer after travelling around for over a week .”
- “Primrose Cottage is a delightful property. We loved the open plan living downstairs. All the furniture and fittings were of excellent quality and showed thought, it really felt a home from home. Everything we could possibly need was there. The owner has clearly put a lot of thought into what makes a perfect holiday home and they have achieved.”
- “Excellent location, well equipped, nice Christmas decorations, felt at home.”
- “We both loved this cottage, we felt at home straight away. It was very cosy and warm, and it was one of the best equipped places we have stayed in. Tavistock is a great place to stay - lovely walks and interesting places to visit, and it was really good to be just round the corner from our family!”
About the location
Plymouth 17 miles; Okehampton 8 miles.
A delightful award-winning market town on the River Tavy, nestling in the south-west slopes of Dartmoor. Tavistock has an indoor pannier market, a diverse range of shops, an excellent choice of pubs, bistros, restaurants, a theatre and a cinema, as well as a leisure pool. This is the perfect destination for country lovers who enjoy the convenience of an interesting town on the doorstep. There is excellent walking on Dartmoor, cycling on The National Cycle Network no. 27, renowned game fishing, gardens of distinction and various National Trust properties nearby. Within easy reach is the maritime city of Plymouth, with its Barbican Quay and the Historic Royal William Yard. Torbay, the Eden Project and the sandy surfing beaches of Devon and North Cornwall are all within an hour’s drive and provide activities to keep all the family happy. Tavistock is a wonderful all-year-round holiday destination.