- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Plymouth 5 miles.
This quirky old Grade II listed cottage is situated in the Plympton St Maurice village conservation area near Plymouth and stands amongst many historic buildings including Plympton House.
This cosy Plympton cottage has exposed beams, modern comfy furnishings throughout and two steep staircases that lead up to the bedrooms, making it an interesting cottage for a holiday getaway.
Downstairs there is a modern sitting room with a slate fireplace, a small fitted kitchen and a bathroom.
Although there is no outside space at this Plympton cottage, there is a fabulous conservation garden around the corner, which has been created by a local community project, and is a quiet place to sit and relax.
The village of Plympton St Maurice has a luxury hotel/restaurant, several pubs and a village shop, as well as a small high street with a chemist's and a supermarket.
There are some pleasant walks from your doorstep, including a stroll up to Plympton Castle ruins, from where there are excellent views of the village and beyond, as well as easy access to several section of the South West Coast Path and Dartmoor National Park.
Other attractions in the immediate vicinity include Boringdon Hall and golf course and Saltram house (NT) which boasts outstanding views of the Plym Estuary, Wembury Beach and the Plym Valley Railway taking passengers on a nostalgic trip in 1950s-style carriages.
Dartmoor National Park, offering dramatic landscapes, native ponies and miles of walks, is just a short drive away, as is Plymouth city centre with its historic waterside area and shopping.
Buses into Plymouth run throughout the day and into the evening, from just around the corner of this Plympton cottage, so you can leave the car at home and enjoy a day out and about, a delicious meal and a drink, and catch the bus home.
This quaint Plympton cottage provides a delightful city break retreat.
Over three floors. Two bedrooms: 1 x single, 1 x second floor double. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and stairs to bedrooms.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: There are two steep staircases to the second floor bedroom
- Note: One room on the first floor is used by the owner for storage, and will be locked while the cottage is occupied
- Note: 4pm check in, 11am check out
- Note: Max
- 2 adults at this cottage.
- Last minute
- “Nice and charming cottage and place”
- “We were delighted to stay in this cottage. Very convenient, clean and pretty. The place is also very calm. Plympton Saint Maurice is little but nice, and the supermarket is very close, between 5 and 10 minutes by walking in a park, or 2 minutes by car. Parents of babies, you have to bring everything because nothing is provided. And our baby was very attracted by the sharp stairs, you have to find something big to block the access.”
- “The setting is very attractive, just next to the church and opposite a stately home (recently a nunnery), within a few yards of buses to Plymouth and with a park just round the corner below the Norman castle with swings. We always found street parking easily. The house itself is idiosyncratic and full of character. The bed was very comfortable - a decent size and with a down duvet. The heating worked well and we were cosy in the evenings.”
- “The owner was very easy to reach. Key collection was so simple and well organised that we could arrive at our preferred day and time. The cottage is beautiful and has cosy nooks and crannies. All is there for cooking. The two bedrooms are pleasantly decorated and large enough. The larger bedroom under the roof is particularly cosy. The location is perfect to find for arrival and to start excursions into the surrounding countryside. The cottage is located in a nice quiet area.”
About the location
Dartmoor 17 miles; Torbay 32 miles; Cornwall 5 miles.
Surrounded by the rugged beauty of Dartmoor, the glorious countryside of the South Hams and the vibrant scenery of the South Devon coast, Plymouth offers the perfect mixture of maritime heritage and natural beauty in a vibrant city environment. Wander through the maze of narrow streets with their shops, restaurants and art galleries and down to the Barbican quayside, where the city's maritime history begins. Take a stroll up to the Hoe with its unsurpassed view across one of the world's finest natural harbours and where Francis Drake played bowls as the Armada sailed into view! Take a tour of the Plymouth Gin distillery, watch a show at the Theatre Royal or spend a fascinating few hours at the National Marine Aquarium. There are also boat trips around the Sound and Naval dockyards, watersports at the Mountbatten Centre and the recently opened city-centre shopping mall to explore. The wild tors of Dartmoor, the beach resorts of Torbay, several stately homes and gardens and the splendid coastal scenery of South Cornwall can all be reached in under 45 minutes.