- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Linhay Holiday Cottages
Situated in the delightful village of Washford in West Somerset are these two luxurious Washford cottages. Sleeping a total of thirteen people between them, these two Somerset cottages have been beautifully decorated and furnished to a very high standard. With all bedrooms having en-suite bathrooms, these two fabulous Washford cottages offer all of the luxuries that you would expect from a holiday home. With country-style kitchens with flagstone floors, cosy sitting rooms with inviting woodburning stoves and exposed beams and stone walls throughout, these two Somerset cottages provide accommodation for the discerning holidaymaker. There is a private outdoor area at each of these Washford cottages plus use of a large grassed area with access to a stream, as well as shared use of an outdoor swimming pool. Both cottages also have their own sauna. Just two miles from the coast, there are some beautiful coastal resorts to explore from these Somerset cottages, including the ancient port of Watchet and Blue Anchor Beach. A fabulous holiday destination, there is a huge variety of attractions for everyone from these Washford cottages, including the West Somerset Railway, historic houses and gardens and plenty of walking and cycling.
Adjoining the owners' home and with high quality decor, this Washford cottage provides accommodation for four people all on the ground floor and is ideal for a family or for couples.
This Washford cottage has two en-suite bedrooms, a modern fitted kitchen and a cosy sitting room with dining area and an inviting woodburning stove.
With a separate sauna room and use of an outdoor swimming pool, this Washford cottage combines the original character of exposed beams and stone walls with modern living.
Note: This cottage is next to ref 5487 and together they accommodate 13 people.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with TV and en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x twin with TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC. Sauna room with shower and basin. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, woodburning stove and patio doors to decking area.
- Oil underfloor central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, 3 x DVDs, CD, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent, sauna charged via coin meter
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private decking area with furniture and BBQ leading to shared pool area opening on to an accessible field
- Sole use of sauna (coin-operated)
- Shared use of outdoor swimming pool (available 1st May - 1st Oct)
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk (some walking on road, no pavement)
- Note: There are outdoor steps and a stream in the grounds
- Note: The drive at the property is only large enough to accommodate family-sized cars, up to people carriers
- Note: As this property adjoins the owners' home, some bedrooms in the owners' home are above the bedrooms in The Retreat
- Note: Please be aware that the other property on-site is dog and family friendly.
About the location
Watchet 2 miles; Minehead 6 miles.
Washford is a West Somerset rural village, on the A39 between Minehead and Bridgwater. Located two miles from the pretty coastal port of Watchet, this is an ideal base from which to explore Exmoor National Park and The Quantock Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There are many pretty coastal and inland villages to explore including Porlock with its steep hill and pretty winding streets, Dunster with dramatic castle perched above the historic village and the busy resort of Minehead with sandy beach, golf course and traditional seaside attractions. An excellent choice of holiday destination for rural beauty, dramatic coastline and splendid walking.