- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This quaint 200 year old end-terrace cottage is tucked away in a small square near the centre of Watchet, a picturesque coastal village in West Somerset.
Ideal for a couple or family, this cottage feels homely and cosy and contains some beautiful hand carved oak furniture, along with a feature wide staircase, which is believed to have been from a ship.
This cottage has a combined kitchen/diner with an oak dining table, a small sitting room with traditional comfy furniture, and upstairs there are two bedrooms sharing a shower room.
A shared planted area is available at the front of the cottage with a public footpath running alongside, a great place to enjoy the sun and chat to the locals.
It’s a short stroll to Watchet’s many gift shops, busy harbour and interesting beach rich in fossils.
Why not catch the steam train from Watchet station and enjoy a journey through miles of beautiful countryside, and the nearby medieval village of Dunster boasts a castle, a yarn market and a wealth of listed buildings.
Minehead is a short drive away and has a large beach with all the usual accompanying tourist attractions for families to enjoy.
A cosy cottage just minutes from the harbour and a handy base for exploring Exmoor National Park.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric woodburner-effect fire.
- Electric night storage heaters, electric convector heaters and electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Parking in car park 30 secs walk away (permit provided)
- Shared front patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop, pub and harbour 2 mins walk
- Note: The cottage has low doorways
- Note: Max 3 adults and 1 child between 4 and 12yrs only, excluding babes-in-arms
- Note: This cottage is not suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: Public footpath runs alongside the shared patio, with the neighbours having right-of-way across the patio to their gate
About the location
Minehead 9 miles.
Watchet is a delightful, small Somerset harbour town with a maritime history going back over two millennia, where visitors may enjoy the variety of quaint shops on offer and watch the boats in the marina. Watchet attracts railway enthusiasts from all around, as The West Somerset Railway, twenty miles of preserved steam railway, passes through Watchet and continues through stunning scenery to the coastal town of Minehead, approximately nine miles away. There are superb walks along the coast from Watchet, while towards St Audries in the east, the Quantock Hills rise to 1,000 feet above the sea and the Brendon Hills and Exmoor are to the west, within easy reach. Explore the many pretty coastal and inland villages including Porlock, with its steep hill and pretty winding streets, Dunster with its dramatic castle perched above the historic village and the busy resort of Minehead with its sandy beach, golf course and traditional seaside attractions. This is an excellent choice of holiday destination for rural beauty, dramatic coastline and splendid walking.
Note: This cottage is not suitable for those with limited mobility.
Note: Max 3 adults and 1 child between 4 and 12yrs only, excluding babes-in-arms.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute