- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A pretty thatched semi-detached cottage set in the oldest part of Williton, a quiet town near the Somerset coast, nestled between the Quantock and Brendon Hills. Ideal for those keen to explore both the beautiful landscape of the Exmoor National Park which is just a couple of miles away and Somerset’s spectacular nearby coastline, this quaint Williton cottage is steeped in history and has plenty of character to match its aged exterior including exposed beams and a feature inglenook fireplace. There is a comfortable sitting room with dining area in this Williton cottage along with a separate, well-equipped kitchen, and with two good-sized bedrooms, ensuring families, friends and couples are sure to enjoy a contented stay. The attractive cottage garden at this Somerset holiday home is very private and provides a superb place for relaxing together in the evening sun, and being just a short walk from a number of local village pubs where you can enjoy a bite to eat, this Williton cottage is certain to provide a relaxing getaway near the North Somerset coast. There are plenty of stunning walks to discover nearby, whether you choose coast or countryside, with the South West Coast Path just one mile away along with the endless trails in the open moorland and quiet woodland of the nearby Exmoor National Park. The traditional seaside resort of Minehead, with its attractive beach and harbour, can be reached within twenty minutes’ drive, offering a wonderful range of coastal activities, cafés and restaurants. Take a ride on the West Somerset Railway, which carries visitors by steam to Dunster Castle and Watchet or a return trip back to Williton. This quaint cottage in Williton is surrounded by exciting activities, and offers a cosy base for touring West Somerset and beyond.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 mins walk
- Note: No children under 8.
Note: No children under 8.
- Last minute
- “lovely cottage”
- “was a lovely cottage . and comfortable loved the thatched roof. . . owner very pleasant . welcomed us on arrival . lovely location for visiting the moors. and plenty of places to visit .”
- “williton village”
- “lovely cottage very comfortable owners friendly kitchen every thing you would ever need to use.The area was very scenic and local people were friendly and helpful.It was pleasant to cook a meal in the kitchen but ther was plenty of places to eat in the village”
- “This is a lovely cottage in a small village with easy access to both Exmoor and all major attractions in the area. It is so peaceful and a great place to unwind.”
- “A lovely cottage in a pleasant village with all the amenities one could wish for.”
- “A beautiful period thatched cottage with oodles of history. In a pretty little quiet village. Williton is not far from the sea and surrounded by rolling hills and beautiful scenery really gives you a sense of relaxation and tranquility.”
- “Old picturesque thatched cottage in an setting of similar cottages. The town had all amenities required and was close to many attractions and the surrounding countryside is beautiful.The cottage also has a secluded garden nice for relaxing. The owner made herself known to us and gave us valuable information about the area and the facilities in the town.”
About the location
Watchet 2 miles; Minehead 8 miles.
The thriving community of Williton nestles beneath the western edge of the Quantock Hills in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, only 2 miles from the west Somerset coast at Watchet. Intersected by the roads to Minehead and Bridgwater, the village is well served by local shops and pubs, with the attractive West Somerset Railway also passing through, providing a lovely relaxing trip along the coast from the popular seaside resort of Minehead through glorious unspoilt countryside - a treat not to be missed! Within a short drive is Exmoor National Park with its heather-clad moorland, wooded combes and picturesque villages, home to an abundance of wildlife, or take in the pretty coastal settlements of Watchet, Blue Anchor and Porlock Weir. A visit to the historic village of Dunster, with its ancient castle, is also a must. There is so much on offer in this super area for all the family.