- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
This cosy detached barn conversion is situated adjacent to the owners' farmhouse on the outskirts of Uffculme, a Devon village in the Blackdown Hills.
A perfect romantic retreat, this Uffculme cottage is all on the ground floor and has wooden floors throughout, an open plan living area, a double bedroom and a shower room.
Outside this Devon cottage there is a courtyard garden from where guests are welcome to wander to a wildlife pond.
The village of Uffculme has a shop, pub, splendid walks along the River Culm and Coldharbour Mill, which is the only surviving woollen mill in Devon and has a fascinating working museum.
Half an hour's drive from this Uffculme cottage will take you to the beautiful cathedral city of Exeter, which has a mix of culture, historic buildings, quality restaurants and shops.
This Uffculme cottage is a great base in rural Devon.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric heaters
- Electric oven and hob, fridge, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books and games
- Electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Rear courtyard garden with furniture
- Use of owners' field with unfenced pond
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: There is an unfenced pond at this property.
- Last minute
- “Relaxing and quiet”
- “Had all we needed for a week stay. Only saw owners briefly at the start and would have liked more info. Loved the bedroom and everything clean and tidy. Need a car as amenities are out of town. Small grocery and pub in town. Had a really good stay. Had trouble finding cottage and had to ask a neighbour.”
- “A little cottage giving a relaxing stay, with a pleasant welcome from the owners. In a useful central position to explore the countryside.”
- “A delightful cottage in peaceful surroundings, the amenities offered were of a very good standard. I would certainly book again next time I am in Devon!”
- “Quiet rural location yet handy for the motorway!”
- “Our second year at this cottage, it was just as good as our first. The owners are very friendly, nice to find a cottage that takes a dog, it makes it more enjoyable. A great place to stay for those days out around beautiful Devon, a most enjoyable week.”
- “Good location for exploring East Devon, Somerset and Dorset”
- “The cottage is only a few minutes from the M5 but is in a quiet rural setting. A perfect location to see the Blackdown Hills and beautiful villages.”
- “A lovely cottage in a great location for day trips around Devon.”
- “Cottage was quiet and well appointed.”
About the location
Tiverton 7 miles; Exeter 18 miles; Taunton 18 miles.
Located in the lush green countryside to the east of Exeter, this small rural community provides a welcome change from the demands of modern living. Almost midway between Dartmoor and Exmoor, and just a 40-minute drive to Exmouth and the beautiful South Devon coast, it is a perfect base for touring the area’s many attractions. Footpaths, fields and abundant natural wildlife characterise the surrounding landscape, several National Trust stately homes and gardens are within easy reach, and the Cathedral city of Exeter is a mere 18 miles away.