- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A stylish, modern, detached cottage, located in a quiet residential development, on the edge of the charming West Dorset market town of Bridport, just two miles from West Bay. Comfortably furnished throughout, this Bridport holiday cottage makes a wonderful holiday base for families or friends to explore this wonderful part of West Dorset, together with East Devon and South Somerset. This bright and airy Bridport cottage offers three spacious bedrooms, one of which boasts a romantic four poster bed with en-suite facilities. The ground floor is made up of a delightful kitchen, which leads to a separate family dining room. A charming sitting room with a welcoming flame-effect gas fire offers patio doors opening into an enclosed Mediterranean style courtyard garden with furniture; the perfect social spot for planning the day’s activities or simply relaxing and enjoying the sunshine. The town centre is a short stroll from this Bridport holiday cottage. Browse the colourful stalls at the twice-weekly market, selling everything from antiques to locally-sourced produce, or enjoy a meal or light bite at one of the many restaurants and cafés. Bridport is a source of entertainment, with a thriving arts centre and cinema and several festivals taking place throughout the year. Visit West Bay, the coastal setting for TV’s Broadchurch, with its bustling harbour and scenic coastal walks, just an easy two-mile drive from this Bridport cottage. Explore the dramatic Jurassic Coast and the historic town of Lyme Regis; visit Weymouth, which is also easily accessible and a great day out. A wonderful Bridport cottage, providing the perfect base for a memorable Dorset holiday, all year round.
Three bedrooms: 1 x four poster double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility with basin and WC. Dining room. Sitting room with gas fire.
Gas central heating with gas fire. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Enclosed courtyard with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 10 mins walk. Note: No children under 5 years, including infants.
Note: No children under 5 years, including infants.
- Last minute
- “Ideal Location”
- “Yet another excellent property from Sykes. The property was very well equipped and very spacious. The location was ideal to either walk into Bridport or get to lovely places by car. There was even a bus stop very close if you wanted to use public transport. Very quiet spot with off road parking.”
- “It was very much a home from home, clearly a lot of love and attention to detail had been put into this property to make it as homely as possible. Really well maintained, clean and will all the necessary mod cons. Even on a rainy day the family were happy to stay at home and enjoy the house,”
- “Everything was lovely, could not fault anything.”
- “Instructions to find the property and keys were first class. This is a quiet location close to the centre of the lovely market town of Bridport. It could not be bettered and we met some very friendly helpful neighbours. We would recommend Rowan Tree House to anybody who is considering a holiday in this beautiful part of West Dorset.”
- “Great location to get to many places. As usual Sykes properties are always excellent.”
About the location
Lyme Regis 10 miles; West Bay 2 miles.
The attractive market town of Bridport grew up around the River Brit, and was shaped by its extensive history of rope and net making. The long, wide streets and alleyways between the houses were once where the flax strands were twisted into rope, while today those streets are filled with an interesting variety of shops, restaurants and inns. Bridport’s market is regularly featured on the River Cottage TV programme. 2 miles south of Bridport is the dramatic Jurassic coast at West Bay, now a World Heritage Site, home to the backdrop for TV's Harbour Lights and the coastal setting for popular Broadchurch, whilst the picturesque resort of Lyme Regis is within 10 miles. A superb base for exploring wonderful West Dorset.