- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A most charming, single-storey, detached granary conversion, peacefully situated in the attractive grounds of the owner's Grade II listed thatched cottage, within the South Hampshire village of Awbridge in the Test Valley, two miles from Romsey. This Romsey holiday cottage has been lovingly converted with all the original beams, now offering a perfect, spacious, countryside retreat for two. This Romsey holiday cottage boasts a most comfortable sitting room, with a high vaulted ceiling extending to the roof beams, with French doors opening out onto the attractive, private patio. There is also a secluded private area with BBQ in the adjacent small orchard, for the sole use of visitors to this Romsey cottage, an ideal place for relaxing, picnicking and exercising the dog. The double bedroom with en-suite facilities is perfect for a restful night’s sleep after a busy day exploring the area and you will be spoilt for choice for places to visit and things to do close to this Hampshire holiday cottage. The nearby Test Way offers easy walking, and there are designated cycling roads through the beautiful Hampshire countryside to many places of interest, including Mottisfont Abbey, with its famous rose garden and extensive grounds, whilst a day out at Broadlands, home of the Mountbatten family, is not to be missed. Alternatively, spend time exploring the picturesque New Forest National Park, historic Winchester or majestic Salisbury all easily accessible from your Romsey holiday cottage. An idyllic Hampshire holiday cottage surrounded by peaceful rivers and unspoilt countryside.
All ground floor. One double bedroom with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
Electric storage heaters with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Undercover bike storage. Private patio with furniture. Private 3/4 acre of paddock and orchard with picnic table. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Farm shop and pub 1 mile. Note: Babes-in-arms only.
Note: Babes-in-arms only.
- Last minute
- “The description was accurate but couldn't really do justice to the beauty and tranquility of the setting, nor the cosy and restful atmosphere of the cottage. There are wonderful walks from the doorstep and very friendly but discreet owners.”
- “So much care given to equipment every thing you could wish for was provided. Very dog friendly, most pubs allow dogs in.”
- “This cottage was the best equipped and best presented we have ever stayed in.”
- “We had a lovely relaxing stay in this beautiful, well furnished and appointed cottage. The garden and orchard were superb for relaxing and it was a perfect setting for us to be able to spend the week recuperating. It was just like home from home - such that we didn't need to venture out, apart from buying groceries. Would highly recommend it either as a touring base or somewhere just to spend the whole time at the cottage relaxing. Had very kind, friendly and helpful hosts. We certainly hope to return.”
- “One of best cottages we have ever used! Liked EVERYTHING.”
- “We found Coles Barn very comfortable. It was warm and welcoming and a pleasure to return to after days visiting local attractions. In particular we liked the high ceilings and beams in the living room and the private garden area. There were some interesting places such as Winchester and Salisbury not far, and the lovely River Test to explore.”
- “Liked everything! I want to move in! There was so much attention to detail, everything possible had been thought of. I think you need a new category above excellent. The owners were very friendly and helpful but also left us alone. A superb little sanctuary.”
- “Everything considered and supplied. Wonderful.”
- “We enjoyed the space, the peace and quiet and the cottage provided everything we needed for a relaxing holiday. Initially we were worried about there being no shower but on reflection taking a leisurely bath became all part of the relaxing experience.”
- “Every consideration was given. We really can't think of anything that could be done to improve this wonderful cottage. Many thanks to the owner for her warm welcome and delightful home.”
- “A fantastic holiday cottage, one of the best one we have stayed at, we wanted for nothing. Did not meet the owners however their daughter was contactable if needed. Our dogs could run about in the secure garden at the back of the cottage and nearby paddock. Lots of beautiful walks close by, would recommend to friends and family and visit again.”
- “Truly fantastic property in a lovely location with fantastic facilities!”
About the location
Romsey 2 miles.
This is a charming village situated in rural Hampshire, found in the heart of the picturesque Test Valley, only 2 miles from the vibrant market town of Romsey, and equidistant from the ancient cathedral cities of Salisbury and Winchester, both approximately 12 miles away. The village is situated on the Test Way, the 44 mile route which passes by many pretty villages, historic churches, and country houses, following the course of the River Test, which is one of the country’s finest chalk fishing streams. Nearby Romsey offers visitors a fine selection of shops and restaurants, or why not browse the array of goods on sale at the three day market? Also, a visit to Romsey Abbey, or the home of the Mountbatten family at Broadlands is a must. Nearby, the National Trust’s Mottisfont Abbey is well worth a day out. Alternatively, take the short drive to the New Forest National Park, with its swathes of wood and heathland, grazed by wild ponies, cattle and deer. This peaceful Hampshire village offers a most delightful holiday base from which to explore this lovely area.