- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming, detached single-storey, hamstone conversion, in the delightful little rural Somerset village of Batcombe.
Furnished and equipped to a very good standard, this Batcombe holiday cottage boasts a lovely decked terrace, a great place to relax overlooking the pretty wooded river valley, while inside is a warming woodburning stove for those cooler evenings.
Surrounded by great country walks, and with the village pub close by, this Batcombe holiday cottage makes a super base for touring this lovely area.
A short drive takes you to Longleat House, as well as the stunning gardens at Stourhead.
Take a trip to mystical Glastonbury or historic Wells Cathedral, or treat yourself at Clarks Village shopping centre, all easily accessible.
This Batcombe holiday cottage makes a superb base for families or couples, at any time of the year.
All ground floor with a few internal steps.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted galley kitchen off sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven, gas hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, books/games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for one car
- Large decked balcony with furniture
- Shared use of owner's lower garden
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 7 mins walk
- Note: The decked balcony is high up above the garden, and a stream runs through the owner's garden, therefore young children should be supervised
- Note: This cottage sleeps a max. of 4 people including infants.
About the location
Bruton 3.5 miles; Shepton Mallet 5 miles; Glastonbury 15 miles.
The small, attractive village of Batcombe nestles in the valley of the River Alham in East Somerset, on the edge of the Mendip Hills and only 3.5 miles from the small town of Bruton. This lush Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is bursting with lovely rural walks, picturesque villages and country pubs. Within a short drive are the superb house and gardens at Stourhead, as well as magnificent Longleat House and Safari Park. Enjoy a trip to mystical Glastonbury, The Royal Bath & West Showground, or Clarks Village shopping centre at Street, all within an easy drive. A little further afield, Wells and Salisbury Cathedrals, Cheddar Gorge, Stonehenge and even the Dorset and Somerset coasts are all easily accessible, making this an enjoyable holiday destination at any time of the year.