- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Beaminster 0.5 miles.
An attractive, modern, detached bungalow, found in a quiet residential development on the edge of the pretty West Dorset rural town of Beaminster.
This single-storey Beaminster cottage is situated next door to the owners' smallholding and offers well-appointed holiday accommodation for families or groups of friends who wish to explore lovely West Dorset.
The easily accessible ground floor interior of this Beaminster holiday cottage benefits from light and airy living spaces and three good-sized bedrooms, one with en-suite facilities, as well as a pleasant bath and shower room.
To the front of the Beaminster holiday cottage there are lovely views across the lawn and the adjacent farmland towards the rolling Beaminster Downs, whilst the rear patio and enclosed, gravelled garden, with its child's swing, provides a sunny spot, perfect for planning your day's activities.
The attractive town centre offers an array of shops, inns and restaurants, whilst there is a wealth of local footpaths to discover and the views from the top of the nearby downs are a joy to behold!
For an interesting day out, take the short drive from your Beaminster holiday cottage to the nearby town of Bridport, where the weekly markets offer an amazing selection of stalls, selling everything from home-produced food to antiques, or venture a little further to the picturesque harbour at West Bay, used as the setting for TV's Broadchurch drama, where you can take a fishing trip, or simply just take in the magnificent views across Lyme Bay, whilst treating yourself to the local fish and chips!
A super, single-storey Beaminster cottage, providing you with an excellent holiday base in an attractive West Dorset setting.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with patio doors.
Gas central heating. Electric double oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, video, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars (1 in garage). Lawned garden to front and rear enclosed, gravelled garden with child's swing and patio with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 6 mins walk. Note: The property adjoins fields containing cattle and hens, dogs to be kept on a lead when outside.
- Last minute
- “The owners were very friendly and helpful, but also considerate about our privacy. We greatly appreciated watching the lambs being fed and our granddaughter loved having the animals around us. The position of the property was good. We enjoyed the walks to town where we had a wide range of shops to use but we were not far from the sea. The bungalow was surrounded by beautiful countryside.”
- “It's a very beautiful place to stay. You can visit a lot of beautiful places.”
- “The owners were really helpful and friendly. The property was much larger than it looked in the photos - it had everything you could wish for.”
- “The owners were lovely, very helpful and friendly. The kids loved all the animals in the farm. We loved the view to the fields from some of the bedrooms. We loved the general peace and quiet of the place. There were some fantastic parks and really gorgeous beaches that were a 20 - 30 minute drive away.”
About the location
Bridport 6 miles; Crewkerne 7 miles; Lyme Regis 15 miles.
The attractive country town of Beaminster nestles beneath the rolling West Dorset downland within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Around its square is the Conservation Area which boasts over 200 Grade II listed buildings, many of which are built from mellow hamstone. This thriving rural community offers a good selection of shops, inns and restaurants, whilst each summer hosts a popular music and arts festival. The local area abounds in a network of footpaths, one leads to the village of Netherbury, the site of the original River Cottage TV programme. An easy drive takes you to the lively market town of Bridport and to West Bay (TV's Broadchurch) on Dorset's stunning Jurassic Coast. Whilst Lyme Regis, Dorchester and Weymouth are all easily accessible. A charming country town set in a most attractive rural setting.