- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This lovely, semi-detached cottage is located in the attractive village of Broadwindsor, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in West Dorset.
This well-appointed, contemporary cottage in Broadwindsor provides an ideal village base for families and friends who wish to explore this lovely area.
There's a light and airy feel inside this Broadwindsor cottage, which offers four good size bedrooms, two sitting areas, one with a warming woodburner, and a sunny conservatory with dining area.
Outside is a small, enclosed patio garden, providing a sunny spot to relax together and plan your day trips.
Set in the centre of this lovely village, the friendly community-run store sits on your doorstep of this Broadwindsor cottage, and a short stroll takes you to the local pub and the craft centre, where you can browse the array of interesting items or treat yourselves to a delicious meal or cream tea in its restaurant.
There are lovely walks to be had from this Broadwindsor cottage towards Lewesdon Hill and Pilsdon Pen, two of Dorset's highest points.
Alternatively, a short drive takes you to the thriving market town of Bridport, the beach and harbour at West Bay, as well as the quaint seaside resort of Lyme Regis.
An attractive Broadwindsor cottage, offering a peaceful Dorset holiday base.
Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 2 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. First floor basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Conservatory with dining area. Two sitting rooms (one with woodburner).
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, telephone for incoming calls only, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed patio garden with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 min walk, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Intermittent mobile phone signal.
- “Spacious, warm and generally very fitted and comfortable holiday Cottage.”
- “Very spacious and well maintained property in an excellent position. Close to the village shop and pub.”
- “We loved every minute spent at this Cottage, it is an ideal base to explore the beautiful county of Dorset. It was very well equipped with a lovely homely feel. Excellent Cottage and an excellent holiday!”
- “The house was in a very good position for touring the area. The local White Lion Pub is a short walk away and served very good food and owners and locals were very friendly. The community shop was on the doorstep and excellent. Very peaceful village. We also made good use of the wood burning stove as we have one at home it created a very cosy atmosphere.”
- “The house and the area were lovely. Very friendly village with community shop. House was large and well organised. The bedding was particularly luxurious.”
- “Well equipped, very warm and spacious cottage.”
About the location
Beaminster 3 miles; Bridport 7 miles.
A charming west Dorset conservation village boasting a community-run store, a popular local pub and an interesting craft centre with restaurant. The surrounding countryside is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, abounding in numerous scenic footpaths, including those to nearby Lewesdon Hill and Pilsdon Pen, two of the highest points in Dorset. The small town of Beaminster, with its pretty hamstone cottages, is within easy reach, whilst the bustling town of Bridport, with its thriving market, the West Bay setting of TV’s Broadchurch, as well as historic Lyme Regis can be found within an easy drive. Broadwindsor offers visitors an ideal village base from which to explore this super area.