- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Fontmell Magna 0.6 miles.
A delightful semi-detached, single-storey barn conversion, set in a peaceful rural setting within the lovely 10 acre grounds of the owners’ Grade II listed mill, within walking distance of the attractive North Dorset village of Fontmell Magna.
This charming rural barn has been converted to a very high standard, featuring a cosy woodburning stove in the light and airy open plan living area, as well as en-suite facilities in the twin bedroom.
Completing the accommodation is a double bedroom, a single bedroom and a bathroom.
The attractive shared gardens and summerhouse are a delight, perfect for relaxing in after a day out exploring this superb Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which abounds in lovely walks.
The ancient hilltop town of Shaftesbury is situated just four miles away and is best known for Gold Hill featured in the Hovis advert.
There are plenty of other places to visit in the area, such as Sherborne abbey and castle, Stourhead House and Gardens and the Georgian market town of Blandford Forum.
Also easily accessible are Stonehenge, Longleat Safari Park and the stunning Dorset Heritage Coast.
In fact there's as much, or as little to do as you please, the choice is yours!
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, small chest freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage on request
- Lawned garden with patio and furniture, plus shared lawned gardens with summerhouse
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Intermittent mobile signal
- Note: Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times when outside
- Note: Although all ground floor, the bedrooms are accessed via one step down.
About the location
Shaftesbury 4 miles; Blandford Forum 8 miles.
The most attractive North Dorset village of Fontmell Magna lies between the Blackmore Vale to the west and Cranborne Chase to the east, only 4 miles south of the hilltop town of Shaftesbury and 8 miles north of the Georgian market town of Blandford Forum. The village, named after the chalk streamed Fontmell Brook, is dotted with picturesque thatched cottages and is well served by the local pub serving good food and ales. Surrounded by an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, there are lots of lovely walks to be had nearby, whilst the interesting ancient town of Shaftesbury, with its 'Gold Hill' of Hovis advert fame is well worth a visit. Just a little further afield, historic Sherborne's abbey and castle make a good day out, whilst Bath, Stonehenge, Salisbury, as well as the beautiful Dorset coast, are all easily accessible.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute