- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Charlton Marshall 1 mile.
Nestling in a quaint countryside setting, this single-storey self-contained wing of the owner's attractive home can be found one mile from the pretty Dorset village of Charlton Marshall.
Tastefully furnished and presented throughout, this Charlton Marshall holiday cottage offers couples a most comfortable rural retreat, with day trips to discover from the doorstep.
This single-storey Dorset cottage boasts a lovely fitted kitchen, a king-size bedroom and a spacious walk-in wet room adjacent to the sitting/dining room, where you can comfortably relax at the end of each busy day.
Outside your Charlton Marshall cottage you’ll find a private seating area, with a further raised lawned area, whilst the energetic might like to make use of the owner's hard court tennis court, all equipment provided!
The area surrounding this Dorset cottage provides excellent walking country with a myriad of bridleways leading from the door.
The nearby Georgian town of Blandford Forum offers a wide range of shops and restaurants, and why not finish with a visit the fashion museum, or take a tour of the local brewery to sample the real ale?
Further afield, but still easily accessible from this Charlton Marshall holiday cottage, the fascinating historic towns of Dorchester, Shaftesbury and Sherborne provide excellent days out, alternatively, you can explore the spectacular Jurassic Coast.
A truly rural retreat, this Dorset cottage is a wonderful choice for your next getaway.
All ground floor. One king-size double bedroom. Wet room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Sky Sports and Movies, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Private patio area plus side lawned area
- Shared use of owner's tennis court, racquets and balls provided
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Intermittent mobile signal
- Note: The owner has three dogs.
Note: Up until 5th February 2016, one well-behaved dog is welcome at this property. From 5th February 2016, no pets will be allowed.
- Last minute
- “Delightful accommodation in rural idyll”
- “The owner has created a spacious, well equipped and comfortable accommodation for two people. The kitchen is well fitted out and contains everything one needs for self catering. The living room is spacious, tasteful decorated and comfortable. The bedroom is unusually large, with a king size bed and a huge wall mounted TV. The wet room contains a superb shower, toilet and hand basin. The layout does means you have a very wet tiled floor after showering and care needs to be taken using the other facilities afterwards! The surrounding property, grounds and garden are delightful and open for the guests enjoyment. The owner made every effort to make our stay enjoyable and we would not hesitate to return again.”
- “Liked the high standard the cottage had been fitted out to, it was clean and spacious.”
- “The cottage was comfortable, well equipped and presented. If people want a peaceful place, then they couldn't do better.”
- “Birch Lodge has everything you need and more for the perfect holiday; a very warm welcome, it was clean and fresh, had fields all around and was a great base for touring around the Dorset countryside and coast. We did not want to return home!”
- “Loved the peace and quiet, and the surroundings are really nice. There were plenty of places to visit nearby.”
- “Living in the city we are looking for peace and quiet when we go away, and we certainly had plenty of that. It's a shame we had to leave as it was perfect for us.”
- “A lovely property equipped to a very high standard ,we would recommend this property to anyone wanting to stay in this area.”
- “If you are visiting Dorset, you'd be hard pressed to find a more delightful one bedroom accommodation. The standard of the property throughout is outstanding, the situation delightful and the care and hospitality of the owner beyond reproach.”
About the location
Blandford Forum 2 miles.
The friendly, elongated village of Charlton Marshall can be found in a rural Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty beside the River Stour, two miles south of the lively Georgian market town of Blandford Forum. The village boasts a friendly pub; whilst nearby Blandford Forum offers a good selection of shops and restaurant, and the stunning surrounding countryside welcomes outdoor enthusiasts with its network of footpaths and cycleways. Excellent transport links from Charlton Marshall offer access to many places of interest, with a journey southwest leading you to Thomas Hardy's Dorchester, then on to Dorset's magnificent Jurassic Coast at Weymouth and beyond. Take the route north to discover the many pretty villages of the Blackmore Vale on the way to historic Sherborne, then south to the attractive market town of Wimborne Minster, as well as stunning Poole Harbour, where a cruise around the islands is a must. A rural Dorset village providing a convenient holiday base from which to explore this fascinating area.