- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A lovely, 19th century, semi-detached cottage situated in the rural hamlet of Shave Cross in the heart of the Marshwood Vale, 6 miles from Bridport.
Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this former farm worker's cottage offers comfortable, well-equipped accommodation.
The property boasts a fitted kitchen with lovely flagstone floor, a cosy sitting room with woodburning stove and wonderful countryside views.
Glorious walks can be enjoyed from the doorstep, while preserves and farm cider are available to buy next door.
Situated close tothe local pub and within a short drive of the stunning Dorset Heritage Coast at Charmouth and the bustling market town of Bridport, this idyllic rural retreat is a superb base from which to explore this beautiful part of West Dorset and the surrounding area.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath with electric shower over, basin and WC. Modern fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Storage heaters with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV/DVD with Freeview, stereo/CD player/radio etc., WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack of fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request
- Roadside parking for 2 cars only
- Enclosed lawned garden with gravelled area and garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Farm-reared turkeys available for Christmas week each year
- Please request in advance.
About the location
Bridport 6 miles; Beaminster 7 miles; Lyme Regis 9 miles.
Shave Cross is a tiny hamlet nestling in the picturesque Marshwood Vale, in the glorious unspoilt countryside of west Dorset. Just over 5 miles from the beautiful Dorset Heritage Coast and 6 miles from the thriving historic market town of Bridport, often featured in TV’s The River Cottage, this is a wonderful holiday location. Beaminster, with its Georgian buildings and picturesque 17th Century cottages, is just a short drive away, as is the delightful seaside resort of Lyme Regis, offering an array of shops, restaurants, museums and gardens.
- Last minute