- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An attractive, semi-detached bungalow in a small cul-de-sac in Burtle, a village on the Somerset Levels.
This wheelchair-friendly Somerset cottage offers comfortable holiday accommodation which has been well furnished and equipped, including excellent facilities for less able guests, with wider doorways, a ramp, paved garden, lower worktops in the well-equipped kitchen, along with a wet room and conveniently-placed electric sockets and switches.
The three bedrooms at this Somerset cottage offer ideal space for families or groups, with or without disabled guests.
Visit Cheddar Gorge, spooky Wookey Hole or majestic Wells Cathedral, or enjoy quiet walks or birdwatching at Westhay, Godney or Westonzoyland, all conservation areas near this cottage in Somerset.
A trip to the sunny coast at Weston-super-Mare or onto the rugged terrain of Exmoor make terrific days out, as does the chance to explore the town of Glastonbury, 8 miles away.
This Somerset cottage provides a super, convenient holiday base from which to explore everything Somerset has to offer.
Note: This cottage adjoins Ref.
19388 and is opposite Ref.
9852, together they sleep 16.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x twin. Wet room with shower, 2 x basins and WC, with disabled facilities; freestanding shower seat, cord pull alarm, 1 basin at lower level, WC with pull-down support rail and back rest. Fitted kitchen (lower worktops and hob) with dining area. Sitting room.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating in hall and wet room
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD player, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, DVDs, CDs and board games
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Ramp to front door
- Paved rear garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: WiFi can be intermittent.
- “Happy Happy Holiday”
- “The perfect location for a quiet and relaxed holiday with the option of day trips to the beach and other sites of interest such as Chedder ,Wells and Glastonbury all less than an hours drive away .One of the local pubs does good value home cooked meals and is within "staggering" distance of the bungalow would recommend a holiday here”
- “somerst experience”
- “The cottage was excellent,very clean and comfortable.For wheelchair uses no problems with facilities every thing you need,access excellent, just the outlook from the cottage very poor,”
- “The bungalow was perfectly situated to visit all the attractions without a long drive. The bungalow was much bigger than we expected which was great! It was lovely, clean and in a very quiet area, excellent to just kick back and relax! Thank you so much for a great holiday! Would definitely recommend and visit again.”
- “It was peaceful and quiet. A comfortable bungalow which was well kept up, clean and had a friendly & welcoming owner. Good parking. Overall, a great holiday.”
- “The bungalow was very nice and spacious and very clean. Ideally located for visiting Cheddar, Weston Super Mare etc.”
About the location
Glastonbury 8 miles; Burnham-on-Sea 8.5 miles; Wells 13 miles.
The little Somerset village of Burtle is one of several small communities dotted around the Vale of Avalon within the famous Somerset Levels, and is set beside one of the Levels largest water channels, which drains into the Huntspill River. The Somerset Levels are an Area of Special Scientific Interest, a low-lying marshy area which stretches from the Mendip Hills as far as Taunton. The levels are crossed by a number of drainage channels called rhynes, where willows are grown for basket making, providing unique conservation area, rich in wildlife. The flat landscape offers great cycling routes, with lovely walks to be had across the rhynes. Burtle is an excellent touring base, with the town of Street, famous for the Clarks Shopping Village, and the historic town of Glastonbury, well known for its Abbey, Tor, and festival, both only a short drive away. Alternatively, Wells Cathedral, the beaches at Burnham-on-Sea, Weston-Super-Mare, Wookey Hole and Cheddar Gorge are all easily accessible. This really is an ideal location for a fascinating and enjoyable holiday at any time of the year.