- Four poster bed
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
Situated within the owner's garden in the pretty mid-Somerset village of Butleigh, 3 miles from mystical Glastonbury, this deliciously captivating, quirky, Grade II listed medieval hamstone cottage, one of two in the grounds, dates back to the late 16th century.
Named after a previous Victorian resident, this charming Glastonbury cottage has a fascinating history, having once been a medieval kitchen, a poor house and even a jail!
Now, however, it has been sympathetically restored to provide a peaceful, romantic Glastonbury holiday cottage retreat, retaining ancient beams, flagstone floors and exposed stone walls, as well as a stunning inglenook fireplace with bread oven and an original Victorian kitchen range.
Stairs lead up into the attractive bedroom which boasts a freestanding antique copper bath and an ornate four poster bed enveloped in rich drapes.
You'll certainly never forget your holiday at this amazing Glastonbury holiday cottage!
One four poster double bedroom with freestanding copper bath, plus en-suite basin & WC. Small kitchen with exposed stone walls. Living room with dining area & inglenook fireplace with Victorian range cooker.
- Wall-mounted electric convector heaters with wood burning Victorian range in sitting room
- Table-top electric oven, 2-ring electric hob, microwave, fridge, TV, Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, library of books & games
- Fuel, power & starter pack for Victorian range inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Unrestricted roadside parking close to property
- Shared small courtyard garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Steep cottage stairs, may be unsuitable for infirm.
About the location
Glastonbury 3 miles.
Butleigh is a charming, friendly little village, boasting a thriving local shop and pub, tucked away at the head of the Somerset Levels, an Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty, rich in wildlife with lush green meadows, sparkling streams and scenic hills, perfect for country walks. Travelling just 3 miles takes you to mystical Glastonbury with its Abbey, Tor, Ley Lines and of course, its annual music festival! Shopaholics are well catered for at Clark's shopping outlet in nearby Street, whilst a visit to stunning Wells Cathedral is a must. Alternatively take a trip to Wookey Hole, Cheddar or the majestic city of Bath, all easily accessible. A superb base for a varied and interesting holiday.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute