- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Middle Farm Lodges
Two luxurious, single-storey lodges, set in a peaceful location within the grounds of the owners’ farm cottages, in the heart of the friendly village of Charlton Horethorne, on the borders of Somerset and Dorset, equidistant between Sherborne and Wincanton. These stylish Charlton Horethorne cottages offer attractive, open plan holiday accommodation, ideal for couples, families or a group of friends who wish to explore this lovely area. The bright, spacious interiors of these elegant Charlton Horethorne holiday cottages include vaulted ceilings in the open plan living areas, exuding quality and style, as well as en-suite facilities to the master bedrooms. Both Charlton Horethorne cottages have access to private patios with furniture, providing a perfect place to relax and unwind after your day exploring. The surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is intersected by a wealth of local footpaths, whilst a short drive from your Charlton Horethorne holiday cottages takes you to ancient Sherborne with its lovely abbey and castle, or to Wincanton, well known for its racecourse. A little further afield you can sample the delights of the stunning National Trust house and gardens at Stourhead, marvel at the exhibits at Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum, or explore mystical Glastonbury and the nature reserves of the Somerset Levels. These Charlton Horethorne holiday cottages offer an ultimate home-away-from-home at any time of the year.
This single-storey detached Charlton Horethorne holiday cottage offers spacious open plan living, with a stylish fitted kitchen, dining and sitting area, tastefully furnished and equipped to reflect the soothing lavender theme.
The master bedroom of this Charlton Horethorne holiday cottage boasts its own shower room and TV, while the twin room enjoys use of a further family bathroom.
Your Charlton Horethorne cottage offers a private, paved, rear patio, a super relaxing setting for planning your days activities.
A cosy, snug village lodge providing an ideal Somerset holiday base.
This property can be booked with Ref.
12650 to accommodate 10.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with TV/Freeview and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with flame-effect electric fire.
Calor gas central heating with electric fire in sitting area. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD player, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 2 cars. Paved rear patio with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub less than 3 mins walk. Note: Although all ground floor, this property isn't suitable for wheelchair users.
- Last minute
- “Cosy accomodation in a lovely location”
- “What the pictures don't show are the wonderful surroundings. It's almost like a village within a village. The owner's two barn conversions and all the other buildings within the boundary of the property are all beautifully built and maintained. The views of fields, trees and the beautiful stone buildings of the village are out of this world. This is chocolate box perfect. We had not previously stayed in a lodge home and were amazed at how warm and quiet it was. Inside the property has everything you could need. Quality fittings all round and loads of space. All beautifully presented and spotlessly clean. Poppy Lodge next door sleeps 6 and we sneaked a peek in there and it's just as nice. We're already trying to plan out a big family visit when we can book both of them. The family owners are always there when you need them to make sure everything is OK but never intrusive. Just the right balance. Make sure you say hello to 'Dad' when you see him going past, usually with his wheel barrow. He keeps the chickens fed and everything neat and tidy. He is a mine of information about places to visit in the area as well as the history of the village and all the juicy gossip! It's a comfortable, roomy 'proper' home for a similar price to one room in the usual budget chains. Just can't fault it. Trip Advisor rules prevent me from giving any e-mail address or phone number for the owners if you had any questions that you wanted to ask them before booking. So instead I'll tell you that the key collection is from the offices of 'Chartons Accountancy' which are right next door to Lavender Lodge. Very handy, I'm sure you will find them!”
- “Lavender Lodge was perfect in every way, lovely location quiet a”
- “Greeted by the owners on our arrival made very welcome, showed us around lodge and made sure there was nothing else they could do for us. The lodge was in lovely condition and well equipped. The standard of furnishing was very good. The village was ideal location local pub and village store and a garage (2 min walk). What we liked most was the peace and quiet, a very relaxing Easter break.”
- “Very Quiet and relaxing location”
- “Lodge was Really Great well thought out nice accommodation but the bed was a nightmare horrible to sleep on I just hope it gets replaced it was just a cheap mattress and I think sleep should always be just as important as anything else. Would go back an hate complaining :-(”
- “The Lodge was deceptively spacious, it had a lovely light and airy living area and both bedrooms of a very generous size with plenty of cupboard space. Anyone wishing for peace and quiet could not find a better place to be, even though within a few hundred yards of the village centre. All the local people were very helpful and friendly. Could not fault anything.”
- “The cottage is in an ideal location for exploring Somerset, Devon and Dorset. It is in pristine condition and well equipped throughout. The hosts were very friendly and helpful.”
- “Very welcoming hosts and the lodge is perfect - exactly what we want. The Lodge has everything you need to make your stay very comfortable. We really do enjoy our time here and will now make it at least an annual holiday for us.”
- “A warm, bright bungalow with everything you could possibly need. It was a very short walk to the village amenities and in a good central location for touring the area.”
- “Lavender Lodge was a lovely place to stay, so homely inside and very cosy, and the area was very quiet which we enjoyed.”
- “The Lodge was very clean modern and homely. The village it is set in is a dream! Surrounded by rolling hills it is small, quiet and quaint with a magnificent village shop and pub.”
- “The cottage was very clean, warm, comfortable and fully equipped. A home from home and probably the nicest we have ever stayed in. The owners were friendly and very helpful supplying us with lots of local knowledge.”
- “A beautiful and well equipped lodge, in a pretty and quiet village. The owners were very helpful, chatty and readily available. The lodge was very comfortable and well sized for 4 people.”
- “The lodge is situated in a lovely quiet location in a little village but is close enough to many large towns in both directions, if you wish to travel further afield. The owners were very helpful and friendly without being imposing. Would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family and would like to visit again someday.”
- “Location was great as a base, property had really nice contemporary fittings and nice owners. Pub was AMAZING, great staff and food and it was very close as was the shop. It was nice to have 2 bathrooms.”
- “We were given a warm welcome with the added bonus of a starter pack. The location of the property was superb with the whole site landscaped and maintained to a very high standard. Village amenities were on the doorstep with excellent General Store and Hotel/ Pub. Owners were very friendly and helpful.”
- “The lodge is warm, comfortable, spacious and well equipped. It is set in a wonderful rural location in a lovely small village.”
About the location
Sherborne 5 miles; Wincanton 5 miles.
The attractive village of Charlton Horethorne sits on the Somerset side of the county border with Dorset, five miles distant from both Sherborne and Wincanton. Village life revolves around the large village green and is well served by a number of local amenities including a well stocked village store, post office , garage, and excellent pub. Locally, the stunning surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty boasts excellent scenic walks, whilst a visit to historic Sherborne, with its lovely abbey and ancient castle is not to be missed, also Wincanton offers an array of interesting shops and good recreational facilities, as well as its famous racecourse. Alternatively, there’s easy access to Stourhead House and gardens, the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton, as well as Glastonbury, and Wells. A superb location, offering a wonderful village base from which to explore this fascinating and interesting area.