- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A welcoming Victorian mid-terrace cottage in an elevated setting above a residential street, in the village of Fortuneswell, on the Isle of Portland, 5 miles from Weymouth.
A former fisherman's cottage, this Fortuneswell holiday home has been furnished and well equipped to a good standard to provide an ideal base for couples or a small family.
Set over three floors with sea views from all the floors, this Portland cottage offers comfortable accommodation with two double bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchen and sitting room with dining area and double sofa bed.
The rear terraced patio garden of your Portland holiday cottage has a pleasant sitting out area, perfect for relaxing in after a busy day out.
The shops and pubs are just a few steps away, whilst a short downhill stroll from this Fortuneswell cottage takes you to the magnificent Chesil Beach, one of the Jurassic Coasts' most memorable destinations.
One mile away is the Weymouth and Portland Sailing Academy, plus Portland Harbour, the sailing venue for the 2012 Olympics, boasts excellent facilities for all kinds of watersports, and there are ample diving opportunities situated close to this Fortuneswell holiday home.
Rugged Portland Bill is renowned for its birdwatching and scenic walks, whilst the glorious golden sands and picturesque harbour at Weymouth are only 5 miles away.
This Fortuneswell cottage ticks all the boxes if you're looking for a conveniently located holiday home.
Over three floors. Two bedrooms: 1 x second floor double, 1 x double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and sofa bed.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking available opposite cottage for one hour between 9am and 6pm, unlimited from 6pm to 9am and on Sundays
- Free parking in car park 300 yards away
- Terraced patio with furniture
- One-well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: This property is unsuitable for the infirm and children under 5 (including infants) due to steep internal and external steps
- Note: The second floor double has sloping ceilings
- Note: This property is next to an A road, some road noise will be heard.
About the location
Weymouth 5 miles.
Situated on Dorset's spectacular Jurassic Coast, now a World Heritage Site, the village of Fortuneswell can be found on the rugged Isle of Portland peninsula, joined to the mainland via Chesil Beach, a pebble spit, which stretches 18 miles towards West Bay. Formerly a quarrying area, Fortuneswell boasts a good variety of shops, pubs and restaurants, along with an intriguing maze of streets that wind their way up a steep hill to offer stunning views of the Jurassic Coast and the rolling hills of Dorset beyond. The surrounding countryside is well known as a birdwatcher’s paradise, plus with great walking and climbing opportunities, an array of watersport activities, wonderful sandy beaches, and Weymouth just 5 miles away, this super holiday destination is not to be missed!
- Last minute