- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
Set in an elevated position above a quiet lane in the pretty Somerset village of Lower Coleford, midway between Bath and Wells, is this deliciously quirky, Grade ll listed, 17th century stone cottage.
Once the village 'lock up', this Somerset cottage has been sympathetically converted into a well presented and most unusual holiday home.
The wealth of beams, exposed stone walls and the curved wall of the turret make this unique Somerset cottage an enchanting and romantic holiday experience for couples or small families.
Snuggle up in front of the warming woodburning stove within the cosy beamed sitting room of this Somerset cottage after dining in the characterful round turret.
Then ascend to your charming exposed stone-walled bedroom in the upper floor of the turret, where you'll also find an interesting selection of books.
On warmer days, treat yourselves to a BBQ on the sunny raised patio of your Somerset cottage, which overlooks the village lane.
There are numerous footpaths criss-crossing the village landscape, all a short stroll from your Somerset cottage.
Discover the ruins of the nearby canal aqueduct, or follow the babbling brook as it winds its way through the pretty villages of Mells and Great Elm towards Frome.
Alternatively, a drive in any direction from this Somerset cottage will take you to many places of interest including the historic cities of Bath and Wells, mystical Glastonbury, and the stunning Mendip Hills.
This Somerset cottage offers a very special and unforgettable holiday experience at any time of the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x turret king-size double with small snug, 1 x 4’ single. Ground floor bathroom with small bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Sitting room with woodburning stove and dining area in turret.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, payphone, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Allocated roadside parking space for one small/medium car only outside cottage, alternative free off road parking at pub 5 mins walk
- Small enclosed front gravelled patio area with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 7 mins walk, pub 5 mins downhill walk (longer coming back)
- Note: Steep cottage stairs, may be unsuitable for less mobile
- Note: Patio is in an elevated position above the lane and parking space and cottage accessed by 12 steps up from lane and parking space, front door adjacent to neighbouring front door
- Note: No infants or children under 5.
About the location
Bath 13 miles; Wells 13 miles.
Somerset’s Coleford, approximately 5 miles from both Frome and Radstock, is a village of two distinct parts. The lower part is much older and features many characterful stone cottages set in beautiful countryside to the east of the Mendip Hills. The village has a fascinating history of industrial archaeology, including the remains of the Dorset and Somerset canal aqueduct, affectionately known locally as the Huckyduck. Today, the friendly community is well served by local shops and pubs. There are many attractions an easy drive from Coleford, including the Glastonbury Tor, Nunney Castle, and beautiful Wells Cathedral. Thirteen miles away is the beautiful, regal city of Bath; no matter what time of year you visit, there is something for everyone including the stunning architecture of its Georgian terraces, festivals galore, the Christmas markets, the Roman Baths, plenty of specialist shops and of course the Thermal Bath Spa, Britain’s only natural spa where you can indulge yourself under a starlit sky. Lower Coleford makes for a super holiday touring base at any time of the year.
Note: No infants or children under 5.
- Last minute