- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
A delightful single-storey barn conversion, imaginatively constructed across a babbling brook, in the peaceful village of Milton on Stour, 2 miles from Gillingham.
Well appointed with a wealth of exposed beams, this lovely property offers a fenced patio beside the brook, ideal for peaceful evening dining, as well as a spacious open plan living area and master bedroom with beams and views over the water.
The barn is surrounded by lovely walks, and there's plenty to see and do in the area, such as the house and gardens at Stourhead, Longleat Safari Park, or even Salisbury, Stonehenge and the stunning Jurassic Coast.
All ground floor.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with high-beamed ceiling and view over stream, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan beamed living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Storage heaters with electric fire in sitting area
- Electric oven with halogen hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with basic Sky package, DVD player
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Large enclosed paved patio area beside stream, with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 8 mins walk
- Bar in local hotel 10 mins walk
- Note: Although the stream is fully fenced off, young children should be supervised
- Note: The owner runs a small touring caravan site at Milton Farm, this is located some distance from the property, and is not visible.
About the location
MILTON ON STOUR
Gillingham 2 miles; Shaftesbury 7 miles.
Milton on Stour is a pretty little village north of Gillingham in rural north Dorset, and close to the borders of Somerset and Wiltshire. There are numerous NT properties and historic houses within a short drive, such as the stunning house and gardens at Stourhead, and Longleat House and Safari Park. Alternatively, why not try one of the plentiful rural walks in the area, or explore picturesque villages with country pubs serving real ale or cream teas? Further afield, visitors can enjoy the historic cities of Bath or Salisbury, whilst a visit to the wonderful Dorset Jurassic Coast is not to be missed.
- Last minute