- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
Shaftesbury 2 miles.
A charming, self-contained wing of the owners' 1808 stone cottage, situated within North Dorset's Blackmore Vale, only 2 miles from Shaftesbury.
Comfortably furnished, this Shaftesbury holiday cottage offers an ideal base for both a family group or couples wishing to explore this lovely area.
The well-equipped kitchen of this Shaftesbury cottage leads into a snug sitting and dining room, with exposed stone walls, and a staircase ascending to the two bedrooms and family bathroom.
Outside, there's an attractive, small enclosed garden, whilst at the rear, visitors to this Shaftesbury cottage are welcome to use the child and pet-safe lawned garden and seating area, perfect for outdoor dining.
You can also say hello to the owners' miniature ponies and donkeys, who love to be petted!
Locally to this Shaftesbury cottage, explore historic Shaftesbury with its array of fascinating shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as famous Gold Hill of Hovis advert fame, take the short drive to the picturesque Blackmore Vale, or seek out Stourhead house and gardens, or quaint Sherborne with its abbey and ancient castles.
This Shaftesbury holiday cottage provides a perfect base from which to explore this lovely area.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x triple bunks (double below, single above). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and sofa bed.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, DVDs and games
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Fitted stairgate
- Lockable off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed front patio garden with furniture
- Shared rear lawned garden and patio with furniture and BBQ
- Five well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Dogs to be kept on a lead whilst on premises due to ponies and donkeys
- The owner has 4 dogs
- Note: There is a pond with a low fence in the shared garden
- Note: The A30 is adjacent to one side of the cottage
- Note: Open tread stairs to first floor.
- “Lovely cottage, lovely owners”
- “We had a lovely stay at the cottge and the dogs loved it too! Great location and the owners were so friendly. They were so accommodating and couldnt do enough for us. The ponies and donkeys are gorgeous too. Highly recommended!”
- “Couldn't fault anything.”
- “The owners were very welcoming and warm. Nothing was too much trouble for them to make our stay perfect. The cottage was nicely decorated, clean and inviting, the amenities were modern. Both the private and shared garden were well maintained. The horses, ponies and donkeys were a treat and my son (6) loved them. It was also a short drive to Monkey World, Poole, Tank Museum, Hawk Conservancy, beaches and many other places of interest. We loved everything about the cottage, owners and location we are already planning our next holiday at the Majestic, we can't wait! The Marshment / Abbott Family”
- “A fabulous little cottage”
- “We recieved a very warm welcome, including milk, bread, tea, coffee and other essentials. Nothing was too much trouble for the owners of the cottage (who live adjacent). They were always friendly and welcoming. The owneers have horses, ponies and donkies. They were very friendly and my daughter loved going to see them. this was a lovely base to explore many places within an hours drive. I highly recommend it.”
- “Beautiful cottage, lovely & helpful owners, everything we needed...”
- “This beautiful cottage had everything we asked for and we were greeted by the very friendly owners who have been very helpful and attended to our every need. The cottage has beautiful landscape. If we ever need a place to stay in the same area we know where to go.”
- “The owners were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. We particularly appreciated the welcome package on arrival. The property was warm, clean and comfortable. A truly dog friendly holiday. We will definitely be recommending this property to family and friends.”
- “We really enjoyed our stay at the Majestic. The animal loving owners were down to earth, friendly and welcoming. We felt at home from the start, very helpful towards our two dogs. Warm clean and cosy cottage in a lovely setting, highly recommended.”
- “A lovely cottage, the dogs loved it! The owners were lovely people who could not have done more for us - so generous and accommodating! Great for any animal/dog lovers and the ponies and donkeys are gorgeous!”
- “We will never forget our stay in this lovely and cosy cottage. We felt at home immediately and enjoyed every moment here. The owners are a lovely, welcoming and very kind couple. We loved the gardens, the donkeys and the whole atmosphere. We feel like we always have a place to come back to.”
- “Lovely owners who were very kind, helpful and friendly. The cottage had everything we needed and was warm & cosy on the cold winter days we stayed there. It has beautiful gardens. The owners take on looking after old and homeless donkeys of different breeds, it's a beautiful sight seeing them out in the fields surrounding the cottage.”
- “The owners were very warm and inviting. The cottage was beautifully decorated and homely, it was clean and well maintained throughout, the garden both the shared and private were lovely, enclosed and well kept. The donkeys, ponies, horses and fish were a great bonus for my 6 year old grandson. It was situated a short drive away from places such as Monkey World, The Tank Museum, beaches, Poole, Shaftesbury and lots of other places of interest. We were never bored there was always something to do, the owners would suggest things if you needed help deciding. We would will gladly return.”
- “We had a really good stay in this cottage and were made very welcome by the owners. Nothing was too much trouble and we left with the impression that we had made two more friends. It was particularly nice to be able to make friends with all the animals too. We had guests stay for one night with us in the cottage and it pleased me to note that they in turn received the same warm welcome.”
- “It was a lovely cottage in a beautiful location - really felt away from the stresses and strains of city life. The owners were fantastic - very friendly and helpful and the welcome pack was a great help.”
- “The cottage is very well situated for getting around the area. Cottage was very cosy and warm. The owners were very friendly and helpful.”
About the location
Salisbury 21 miles; Bath 30 miles.
One of Dorset’s prettiest and most historic towns, Shaftesbury is perched on a spur of rolling green hills, and the views in all directions are without comparison. Lush green meadows, woodland glades and outstanding architecture are all within a short walk. One of the best vantage points is from Gold Hill (Ridley Scott's famous Hovis advert was filmed here) with its quaint, cobbled and very steep street. Visit the ruins of Shaftesbury Abbey (a place of great pilgrimage from the 11th century) or navigate the intricate and ancient lanes. Bath, Salisbury and Sherborne are all under an hour away, or drive through the stunning countryside of Blackmoor Vale down to the coast at Poole, Bournemouth and Weymouth. A beautiful area, that still carries the flavour of the very best of the English countryside.