- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A gorgeous, Grade II listed, 17th century thatched cottage, nestling opposite the village church in the picturesque Dorset village of Upwey, just four miles from Weymouth.
Comfortably furnished throughout, this lovely Weymouth cottage offers couples or small family groups a romantic and cosy holiday home.
Simply oozing character, this Upwey cottage boasts a wealth of original features, with some exposed stone walls, beams, wooden and flagstone floors, and a warming woodburning stove set into an inglenook fireplace in the sitting room.
Guests also have the option of relaxing in the second cosy sitting room after a busy day exploring the area.
The well-tended, steep terraced garden of this Weymouth cottage provides a sunny, social space on the top level, from where you have a lovely view towards the church, making it a super place to relax and unwind after your day's activities.
Wander down the little lane to Upwey's famous Wishing Well, where you can treat yourself to a delicious cream tea, or follow the Wey Valley trail, which offers super walks across this lush green countryside.
An easy drive takes you down to the golden sands and attractive harbour at Weymouth, or explore along the stunning Jurassic Coast, taking in a trip across Chesil Beach causeway to the rugged Isle of Portland.
Alternatively, travel north to Dorchester, beloved by Thomas Hardy, and explore this wonderful town.
A lovely, thatched Weymouth cottage providing a most charming and romantic holiday home.
Two double bedrooms. Ground floor bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area. Dining room. Two sitting room (one with woodburning stove).
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Rangemaster cooker with 5-ring gas hob, 2 electric ovens and plate warmer, microwave, 2 x fridges
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in garage, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Steep, enclosed, terraced garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 8 mins walk
- Note: Property unsuitable for the less mobile due to the steepness of the garden and the cottage stairs, care should also be taken with young children
- Note: Some low doorways in cottage
- Note: Mobile phone signal is intermittent.
About the location
Dorchester 4 miles; Weymouth 4 miles.
The picturesque village of Upwey lies just four miles north of Weymouth, nestling beneath the Dorset Ridgeway, and takes its name from the shallow chalk stream which bubbles up from an underground spring. Upwey is well-known for its Wishing Well, where George III once sought the benefits of the natural spring water, but is now a delightful tea room serving traditional cream teas. An easy drive or bus ride takes you to the popular seaside resort of Weymouth offering visitors glorious golden sandy beaches, excellent watersports facilities and a bustling harbour, whilst the market town of Dorchester, Thomas Hardy’s ’Casterbridge’ is also just a short drive or bus ride away. Walkers to Upwey can easily travel by train and bus to the Wishing Well. An attractive village location and an ideal place to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute