- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Alderholt 1 mile.
A delightful semi-detached barn conversion, one of two within the grounds of the owner's house, midway between the villages of Sandleheath and Alderholt, on the borders of Dorset and Hampshire and only a short drive from the New Forest National Park.
This Alderholt cottage has been well equipped and furnished to a good standard, with a light and airy open plan living area.
This Alderholt cottage certainly offers visitors a super holiday base from which to explore this lovely area.
Within walking distance of this Alderholt cottage is a working water mill and tea rooms, whilst the surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty offers many enjoyable walks.
Four miles away from your Alderholt cottage lies the New Forest National Park, where wild ponies roam, dotted with quaint villages with rustic pubs and yummy cream teas, while the more energetic can hire a bike and explore the forest trails.
The attractions of Bournemouth and historic Salisbury are also easily accessible.
This Alderholt cottage provides an attractive base for a relaxing yet interesting break.
Note: This property can be booked with Ref.
15424, together they sleep 4.
One double eaves bedroom with en-suite bath, shower attachment off taps, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric convector heaters
- Electric oven, electric halogen hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV, Freeview, CD/DVD player, selection of CDs/books/games
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for one car
- Private patio with garden furniture
- Shared lawned garden
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 9 mins walk, pub 1 mile.
- “Perfect for a family first holiday with a new born”
- “We stayed here with our 5 month old son. The cottage has a very spacious lounge with plenty of floor space for playmats and toys, 2 very comfortable sofas, a well equipped kitchen with all you need. The bedroom had enough space for a travel cot and the bed was very comfortable! A well presented, clean and modern cottage in the perfect location to visit all the sights nearby. We had a very enjoyable holiday and the owners couldn't do enough for you. Higy recommended, we would stay here again”
- “lovely quiet location stunning cottage”
- “this cottage has everything you need for a quiet get away from it all and very close to the new forest the owners were very welcoming would recomend this cottage”
- “Fantastic accommodation in lovely coutryside”
- “Our hosts were fantastic nothing too much trouble. Accommodation was very well equipped and very comfortable”
- “Perfect hideaway”
- “We've just spent a wonderful week in Dorset, staying at Mole Hill Cottage in Alderholt. The cottage is in a perfect setting, with peace and quiet all around, although we found it to be very easy to travel from here to the various areas we wished to visit during our week. We found the owners to be very helpful and friendly,without being intrusive. The teatray with biscuits was very welcome when we arrived. The cottage is exceptionally well equipped, and was very clean and spacious. The whole week was most enjoyable and relaxing for us, and we would certainly return to Mole Hill Cottage again in the future.”
- “I liked the extra touches such as welcome tray and fresh flowers. the cottage was clean, well equipped and comfortable and we liked the lightness of the rooms. quiet location nice garden center near by with coffee shop,we liked Fordingbridge with its good selection of shops and places to eat. there was easy access to the forest and other locations of interest.”
- “An enjoyable holiday”
- “The accommodation was excellent,being clean and comfortable. The location was very convenient being so near Hampshire, Dorset and wiltshire.”
- “A great little cottage in Alderholt which is about 20mins from Bournemouth. An excellent location to visit areas in the New Forest and Dorset. The cottage was in good condition, everything you need for a break away for two.”
- “We had a wonderful time at Mole Hill Cottage. Everything was so clean, new and comfortable. We visited many places and we managed to pick a fantastic week weather wise! The owners are great, not intrusive but there if you need them and always willing to show us round the grounds. All in all a great holiday.”
- “Quiet location and helpful and friendly owner. .”
- “The accommodation was very well situated for a very restful & quiet break. The owners of the property were very helpful with hints to the best areas to visit, be it shops or scenery in and around the New Forest.”
- “The cottage is semi-detached with a shared garden. The garden was simply beautiful and well looked after. It was great to sit outside to enjoy breakfast, dinner and an evening glass of wine with that view. The area was quiet yet within easy reach of many 'attractions'. The New Forest is a short drive away as is Salisbury and the South Coast. Beaulieu Palace and motor museum is a highly recommended day out and there are many good circular walks. Had a great night at Weymouth Pavilion watching a show.”
- “Hosts were very welcoming and friendly and invited us to help feed their new born lambs, which was amazing! Would have extended our stay if they were not fully booked.”
About the location
Fordingbridge 3 miles.
Alderholt is a friendly, scattered east Dorset community, found on the borders of Hampshire and Wiltshire, and lies in an attractive area of woodland, heathland and commonland, through which flows the River Avon, well known for its trout fishing. Three miles away lies the pretty Hampshire town of Fordingbridge, close to the edge of The New Forest National Park, with its swathes of purple heather and woodlands, home to wild ponies and dotted with quaint villages. Ten miles north takes you to the ancient city of Salisbury, with its beautiful cathedral, or alternatively take a trip south to the glorious seaside resort of Bournemouth, with its lively shopping centre and wonderful "Blue Flag" rated beaches. For keen golfers, Remedy Oak and Bramshaw courses are within a short drive. An ideal base for exploring three picturesque counties.