- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Broadband / WiFi
An outstanding and spacious former farmhouse in the peaceful Somerset Levels village of Henton, close to the Mendip Hills and only 4 miles from the historic cathedral city of Wells. Restored to an exceptionally high standard, this Somerset farmhouse has had great care taken during its refurbishment with a range of features including beams, exposed stone walls and flagstone floors. This eco-friendly Somerset farmhouse is heated by a geothermal heat pump, so it is not only a luxurious holiday home but is also helping to save the environment! The master bedroom suite of this Somerset cottage boasts its own light and airy sitting room with vaulted ceiling and en-suite facilities, plus there are four further bedrooms and a double sofa bed, offering flexibility with the sleeping arrangements. On the ground floor of this luxurious Somerset holiday cottage are a spacious fitted kitchen with a lovely inglenook fireplace, a separate dining room and a cosy sitting room. The superb garden room at this Somerset cottage has its own woodburning stove and opens out onto the extensive patio, a great place for dining alfresco in the summer sun, with stunning views across the Somerset Levels towards the Mendip Hills and Cheddar Gorge. This Somerset cottage provides a superb base from which to explore this fascinating area, catering for all the family; from the caves and attractions of Cheddar and Wookey Hole, the coast at Weston Super Mare, the wildlife of the Somerset Levels and walks across the Mendip Hills, as well as the beautiful cathedral city of Wells and ancient Glastonbury. Holiday destinations don't come much better than this superb Somerset cottage!
Over three floors. Five bedrooms: 1 x master king-size double with private sitting room and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x king-size double, 2 x second floor twins. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Second floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Spacious fitted kitchen with inglenook fireplace, original bread oven and large dining area. Utility. Dining hall with inglenook fireplace. Sitting room with woodburning stove and double sofa bed. Spacious garden room with woodburning stove.
Underfloor heating from heat pump using geothermal boreholes with woodburning stove in garden room. Electric double oven and 5-ring halogen hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Sky, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel & power inc. in rent April to October (£25 per week supplement payable to owner November to March). Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot. Off road parking for 6 cars. Large lawned garden and enclosed patio with furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 3 miles, pub 1.5 miles. Note: The arrival time is 4pm.
- “The cottage was stunning and well equipped. The bedrooms and bathrooms were incredible. Perfect for large groups.”
- “The cottage was fantastic & had everything you could possibly need. We had a lovely time, enjoying all that Somerset had to offer, and the peace & quiet.”
- “The property was lovely in a nice setting and very comfortable. We were a party of nine, aged 5 years to 73 years. Plenty of space for us all. Garden for the children to play in and decking area for the adults to chill out. Good area for sightseeing, needed another week to see more!”
- “A great cottage that is very well presented and equipped. It is in a lovely village and is close to good amenities.”
- “Double House Farm provided very good accommodation for our Golden Wedding family celebration with grandchildren aged between 7 and 16. The large dining and sitting rooms, bedrooms and bathrooms with shower facilities and a very big kitchen were appreciated by all.”
- “We loved how big the rooms were, there was plenty of space for us all to sit in the living room or kitchen. It was a very sociable house with gorgeous views.”
- “This was a great holiday for our family. The age range was 9 to 67 and was perfect for us all.”
- “It was a lovely house, well situated for local attractions with lovely walks on the doorstep.”
- “Absolutely brilliant, a stunning cottage with plenty of space.”
- “The house was warm and cosy. Plenty of room for all of us. Lovely large conservatory which was lovely and warm with the log burner stove alight. High level of decoration.”
- “Double House Farm felt homely and welcoming the minute we walked in the door. It had provided for every eventuality and we enjoyed our stay there very much.”
- “Liked the outlook at the back, the ability to walk in the orchard and beyond and the garden room over looking the garden. There were friendly locals and landlord! The fixtures and fittings were a joy to use - window catches etc.”
About the location
Wells 4 miles; Glastonbury 6 miles; Street 7 miles; Cheddar 8 miles.
The village of Henton is quietly situated beside the River Axe, nestling between the Somerset levels and the Mendip Hills just 4 miles from the lovely cathedral city of Wells. The surrounding Area of Special Scientific Interest and Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty abounds in wildlife and boasts scenic trails, appealing to bird watchers, walkers and cyclists. A visit to nearby Wells is not to be missed, with its stunning 12th century cathedral, splendid Bishops Palace and moat, as well as its quaint market square offering an array of interesting shops, boutiques and restaurants. Cheddar is a short drive away; famous for its cheese, spectacular gorge and caves, whilst the attractions and caves at Wookey Hole provide a great day out. Alternatively, take the short drive to the historic town of Glastonbury, well known for its ruined Abbey, Tor, and music festival. There’s so much to see and do locally, you really are spoilt for choice!