- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful Grade II listed mews cottage, one of six, found in a private driveway in the heart of the picturesque village of Hindon, on the Dorset/Wiltshire border.
Set within a conservation area, the cottage dates back 150 years and has been sympathetically renovated to offer comfortable and traditional holiday accommodation, with a cosy woodburning stove in the pretty sitting room.
The local Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty offers wonderful, scenic walks with numerous National Trust and historic sites to visit within a short drive, such as Stourhead, Longleat, Shaftesbury, Stonehenge and Salisbury.
An ideal property in a lovely location for a relaxing holiday.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Ground floor bathroom with corner bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Cosy sitting room with dining area, woodburning stove and stairs to bedrooms.
- Storage radiators with woodburning stove
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, digital TV, DVD player, DVDs, WiFi, selection of books, maps and walking guides
- All fuel and power and initial supply of logs for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Small gravel and paved patio with garden furniture to front of cottage
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk.
About the location
Shaftesbury 6 miles.
Set amidst an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the peaceful village of Hindon quietly sits on the border of Wiltshire and Dorset, just 6 miles from the historic town of Shaftesbury. Boasting quaint cottages and a great local shop, this charming village is home to two former coaching inns renowned for their superb menus and great selection of real ales. The surrounding countryside and gently undulating chalk downlands provide wonderful walking opportunities and with many delightful places to visit such as picturesque Stourhead, historic Shaftesbury, Longleat, ancient Stonehenge or the magnificent cathedral at Salisbury, this great location has plenty to offer.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute