- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Quietly tucked away in the conservation area of the pretty village of Hindon, on the borders of Wiltshire and Dorset, can be found this attractive semi-detached brick and Chilmark stone Victorian cottage. This comfortably furnished and very well-appointed Hindon cottage provides a charming holiday home for families or friends wishing to explore this lovely area. The cosy interior of this Wiltshire holiday cottage boasts a well-equipped kitchen featuring granite worktops, and there’s a choice of creating delicious meals using the lovely Rayburn or the conventional electric oven, whilst you relax in the cosy sitting room with its woodburning stove, or on warmer days enjoy sitting in the sunny conservatory. The main bedroom at your Hindon holiday home has a super king-size double bed with a superb en-suite featuring a Jacuzzi bath and separate shower. Outside this Wiltshire cottage you can choose between two seating areas, there’s a small pretty enclosed lawned garden and patio to the front, whilst at the rear is a walled courtyard, both of which offer a great place to socialise after busy days out. From this cottage in Hindon you can take the short stroll up through the attractive conservation area where two pubs await, both serving good food and real ales, whilst the village shop is well stocked with local produce. The Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close to this Wiltshire cottage offers wonderful, scenic walks with numerous National Trust and historic sites to visit within a short drive, such as Stourhead, Longleat, Shaftesbury, Stonehenge and Salisbury. A delightful Wiltshire home-from-home, making it an ideal year round holiday base.
Three bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double with TV and en-suite Jacuzzi bath, separate shower and WC, 1 x double, 1 x children's bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC in utility. Kitchen with breakfast table. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove. Conservatory.
Oil central heating with woodburning stove. Rayburn cooker, electric oven, ceramic hobs, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, 2 x TVs with Freeview HD, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel, power and fuel for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot, highchair and stairgate. Unrestricted roadside parking approx. 25 yards from cottage. Enclosed front lawned garden with patio and furniture. Enclosed courtyard with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pubs 5 mins walk. Note: The cottage is accessed from the road through a gate and alley passing in front of another cottage. Note: Steep cottage stairs, may not be suitable for the elderly or the infirm. Note: Max 4 adults.
Note: Max 4 adults
- “Excellent accommodation that was easy to live in, the bathroom facilities were all very good as were the bedrooms. It was also a very quiet location so everyone slept very well.”
- “The cottage itself was fantastic, set within an idyllic village setting, with lots of walks directly from the front door. This meant there was no need to drive anywhere to walk the dog. We will be booking this cottage again.”
- “We have stayed in many cottages and this was by far the best we have ever stayed in. A credit to the owner.”
- “Location was very near Stourhead which was the aim of the holiday”
- “Loved staying at Courtyard Cottage. The bed in the master bedroom was huge, so plenty of room and very comfortable. Slept like a log there, with no noise from traffic and no street lights. Listened to the hooting of owls at night and there aren't many places in the UK you can do that.”
- “This property is like a home-from-home. It is cosy and has all the requirements for the safe keeping of our dogs. It has a warm feeling and is very comfortable. It is tastefully decorated and is very convenient for local amenities. This is our second visit and we intend to return again soon. Many thanks!”
- “This is the nicest holiday cottage we have stayed in, it was spacious and homely with added luxuries such as the Jacuzzi bath. We took 4 children with us including 18 month old twins and the owners ensured we had everything we needed, the toys were great! Loved Hindon, such a pretty village with a playground opposite the cottage. Will definitely be returning, so much to do in Wiltshire too.”
- “Lovely homely cottage”
About the location
Shaftesbury 6 miles.
Set amidst an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the peaceful village of Hindon quietly sits on the border of Wiltshire and Dorset, just 6 miles from the historic town of Shaftesbury. Boasting quaint cottages and a great local shop, this charming village is home to two former coaching inns renowned for their superb menus and great selection of real ales. The surrounding countryside and gently undulating chalk downlands provide wonderful walking opportunities and with many delightful places to visit such as picturesque Stourhead, historic Shaftesbury, Longleat, ancient Stonehenge or the magnificent cathedral at Salisbury, this great location has plenty to offer.