- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Set in the rural East Dorset hamlet of Mannington is this most unusual open plan, single-storey timber lodge, one of two holiday cottages on site, imaginatively created from a former barn, found in the grounds of the owners’ Grade ll listed Dorset Long House, from where they run a 7.5 acre equestrian and alpaca smallholding.
The lodge is full of charm and character featuring attractive wood-panelling throughout and a cosy woodburning stove in the sitting area, a snuggly place to toast your toes after a day exploring this lovely area.
The small, fitted kitchen area is well equipped to satisfy your self-catering adventure, and the wood-panelled bedroom is next to a superb Jacuzzi bath, where you can soak your aches away as you lie in the warm bubbles.
Outside, you have a private, enclosed south-facing patio area overlooking the nearby paddocks, and at night take out a glass of your favourite tipple and indulge in a bit of stargazing.
Locally, you can walk or cycle across the nearby Holt Heath Nature Reserve or enjoy a trip to Moors Valley Country Park, and there’s two lovely pubs within walking distance.
Take a trip to the nearby market town and ancient Minster of Wimborne, or alternatively, explore the New Forest National Park, the lovely sandy beaches and attractions of the friendly seaside resort of Bournemouth, Poole Harbour or Salisbury's splendid cathedral, all easily accessible from this lovely lodge.
A delightful and romantic rural Dorset holiday lodge, a perfect ‘escape to the country’ at any time of the year.
Note: This property is next to Ref 920454, together they sleep 5.
All ground floor. Open plan studio accommodation with one king-size double bed, kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, shower over, basin and WC.
- Electric oil-filled heaters with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, shared use of washing machine and tumble dryer in adjacent log cabin, TV with full Sky, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Secure undercover bike storage
- Enclosed gravelled area with furniture
- Shared firepit and BBQ in nearby paddock
- One well-behaved dog welcome, to be kept on a lead at all times due to livestock nearby
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: The owner has a dog, and there are horses and alpacas on-site
- Note: Babes-in-arms only
- Note: The cottage is accessed via 0.2 miles of unmade track
- Note: There is a paddock with field shelter available for horses at an extra cost, please contact owner for more information
- Note: Sole use of 2-seater Lay-Z-Spa available by arrangement with owner.
About the location
Wimborne Minster 5.5 miles; Ringwood 7 miles; New Forest National Park 9 miles; Bournemouth 16 miles.
The pretty hamlet of Mannington can be found in rural East Dorset, close to the borders of Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire, and only 6 miles from both Dorset’s Wimborne Minster and Hampshire’s Ringwood. Mannington is situated on the edge of Holt Heath, a designated National Nature Reserve, managed by the National Trust, and is one of Dorset’s largest areas of heathland offering plenty of marked footpaths and bridleways, making it a lovely place to walk or cycle and also provides habitats for a wide range of plants, birds and animals, including Sand Lizards and Dartford Warblers. Within a short drive you can explore Moors Valley Country Park, where you can stroll through the wooded glades, take a ride on the little railway, take part in the Go Ape hire wire activities, or just simply enjoy a cream tea! Alternatively, take a trip to the Heavy Horse Centre, visit the picturesque ancient town of Wimborne Minster with its colourful three day market, or the New Forest National Park, famous for its wild ponies, deer, pretty villages and quaint inns, as well as the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu. Whilst an easy drive south takes you to the award-winning sandy beaches, great shops, theatres and cinemas at Bournemouth. Mannington makes a super rural base from which to explore this fascinating area.
Note: Babes-in-arms only.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute