- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A delightful, single-storey, detached timbered lodge, in the grounds of the owner's cottage, in an idyllic location in the hamlet of Linwood, in the heart of the New Forest National Park.
Surrounded by ancient woodland, this cosy little Hampshire cottage has a warming woodburner, perfect for cooler evenings, as well as a comfortable bedroom with en-suite shower room.
You can literally walk straight out of the gates right into the forest, and take one of the numerous bridleways or footpaths from where you're sure to see wild ponies, cattle and deer.
There is also a super pub serving good food and real ales close by.
Should you tire of the forest, within an easy drive are the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, the ancient cathedral city of Salisbury, or the attractions and beaches at Bournemouth.
A lovely New Forest cottage in a superb location: a relaxing holiday base all year round.
All ground floor. One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin & WC. Open plan living area with simple compact kitchen area, dining area & sitting area with sofa bed & woodburner.
- Electric heaters in bedroom & bathroom with woodburner in sitting area
- Two-ring electric hob, combi microwave/oven, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel, power & logs for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for one car
- Rear garden with patio & BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Visitors welcome to bring their own horses - paddock, stabling & menage available, by prior arrangement with owner
- Shop 4 miles, seasonal camp site shop 1 mile, pub 8 mins walk
- Note: Owner has dogs
- Note: Cottage is accessed via unmade gravelled forest track & is unsuitable for low suspension vehicles or those unsteady on their feet
- Note: Max 2 adults and 1 child.
About the location
Ringwood 5 miles.
Linwood is a tiny scattering of farms and cottages found towards the western end of the New Forest National Park, not far from Ringwood, a community well served by two pubs renowned for their good food and real ales. The New Forest, the country's smallest National Park, boasts 150 square miles of magnificent woodland, and swathes of heather and bracken covered heathland, dotted with picturesque villages, frequented by herds of wild ponies, cattle and deer, as well as many different species of birds. The forest is intersected by well marked paths which are great for walking, cycling and riding. Bike hire and pony trekking can be arranged at nearby Burley. Within easy reach can be found the famous National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, and a visit to the stunning gardens at Exbury is not to be missed. Both Salisbury and Bournemouth are a short drive away. This is a perfect location for a varied and interesting holiday.
Note: Max 2 adults and 1 child.
- Last minute