- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Bridport 6 miles. This semi-detached, single storey, stone barn conversion cottage is situated on the outskirts of the peaceful, rural hamlet of Bettiscombe, on the edge of the Marshwood Vale near Bridport. Set solely over the ground floor, this cottage near Bridport offers couples or small families a cosy holiday base, perfect for exploring West Dorset. This cottage near Bridport offers two comfortable bedrooms and a shower room; there is also a well-equipped kitchen where you can prepare hearty meals! Lovely views stretch across the neighbouring farmland from the comfortably-furnished sitting room featuring an electric fire, a dining area, and patio doors leading outside. The enclosed garden is ideal for both children and pets, providing a restful place to sit out and plan your day's excursions across West Dorset. The local area offers wonderful walks and the views from nearby Pilsdon Pen, one of Dorset's highest points, are spectacular, and only a short distance away. Alternatively, the thriving market town of Bridport is close by, with the pretty harbour of West Bay, the setting of TV's 'Broadchurch', and the picturesque seaside resort of Lyme Regis, both easily accessible. This cottage near Bridport is an idyllic, rural base, perfect for a peaceful and relaxing break, all year round. Note: This property is next to Ref. 1857, together they sleep 7.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with electric fire and dining area. External utility.
Night storage heaters with electric fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine in external utility, TV with Freeview, DVD. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 2 cars. Enclosed lawned garden and patio with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile. Note: Property accessed via 4 steps.
Note: Up until 5th January 2016, smoking is allowed in the property. From 5th January 2016, no smoking will be allowed.
- Last minute
- “The cottage location was ideal, set in beautiful countryside. We had a relaxing break as it was so peaceful. The property was spotless on arrival, also it was a great location for exploring the area. Would highly recommend this cottage.”
- “The location of the cottage was so quiet and peaceful, though there were some quite narrow lanes on the last bit of the journey to get to it. The owners were also very friendly and helpful when we arrived. A good base to explore the sights of Dorset and Devon, can thoroughly recommend a visit to Forde Abbey. Also, watching the comical antics of the sheep in the field at the back of the cottage kept us amused for quite a while! Would definitely go back again, but perhaps in the early summer.”
- “We were looking for a peaceful away from it all holiday and this was it. We found rural England in a first class location and in a comfortable property.”
- “A quiet and peaceful cottage, ideal to unwind away from the city. 15 minutes drive from more populated tourist locations and beaches, perfect for us.”
About the location
Bridport 7 miles; Lyme Regis 10 miles.
A small rural Dorset hamlet situated on the edge of the Marshwood Vale, close to the borders of Somerset and Devon. A designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this is superb walking country, offering an abundance of footpaths criss-crossing the glorious countryside. Wonderful views can be enjoyed from the top of nearby Pilsdon Pen, one of Dorset's highest points. A delightful drive through pretty country lanes takes you to the thriving market town of Bridport, 7 miles away. Bridport is renowned for the making of fishing nets and ropes, and today boasts a good selection of shops and restaurants. Its market was regularly featured on TV’s ‘The River Cottage’. The dramatic Jurassic Coast, now a World Heritage Site, is just a short drive away at West Bay or Lyme Regis.