- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Shepton Mallet 3 miles.
A stylish detached timber lodge, peacefully located in the grounds of the owner's farmhouse on the Mendip Hills, close to the Somerset town of Shepton Mallet.
Superbly appointed throughout to provide tastefully furnished, light and airy accommodation, this detached Shepton Mallet cottage offers an ideal base for families or groups of friends wishing to explore this lovely area.
Much thought has gone into creating the interior of this lovely Shepton Mallet holiday cottage, which offers three bedrooms, one with en-suite facilities, together with a sitting room with dining area and a bespoke, hand-built kitchen featuring a Belfast sink and granite worktops.
Outside this Shepton Mallet cottage, the spacious timber decked area provides a superb social spot to take in the views across the carp lake, which is also home to several varieties of waterfowl.
Why not take the opportunity to help feed some of the alpacas on site?
A short drive from this cottage near Shepton Mallet lies the well-known Shepton Mallet showground, offering a great variety of regular events.
Take a day trip to mystical Glastonbury, majestic Wells or regal Bath, all an easy drive from your Shepton Mallet cottage, or simply enjoy a leisurely stroll or bike ride across the picturesque Mendip Hills.
Whatever your tastes, there's something to please everyone in your party from this delightful Shepton Mallet cottage.
Note: This cottage can be booked with Ref.
915080, together they sleep 10.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 2 x king-size double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
- Electric convector heaters
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Covered bike storage
- Enclosed lawned garden with decking and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Coarse fishing on site by arrangement (rod licence required)
- Note: Alpaca feeding by arrangement
- Note: Children must be accompanied by an adult when near the lake.
- Last minute
- “Snug, comfortable, beautifully furnished logde in a lovely setting, run by a friendly, helpful Trace”
- “Everything that one could ask for was there and the staff, setting and animals made it perfect. Easy access to all kinds of places to visit.”
- “This is a beautifully located cottage which offers a very high standard of accommodation. It was spacious but cosy and the view from the cottage was lovely. We highly recommend it and would certainly return.”
- “Beautiful Lodge and lovely location. Would definitely stay here again if returning to the area.”
- “The lodge was fantastic, the view was amazing and it was fitted out with everything we needed. It was perfect.”
- “A fantastic lodge with everything you could need on a self catering holiday.”
- “We had a fabulous holiday, the log cabin is very large and airy with no expense spared in furnishings and all the little extras that make a holiday that bit special. The owner was great and you can tell she has great pride in her accommodation and this shines through in the quality. It's so nice to find somewhere away from the crowds, cars and artificial lighting. Here you are surrounded by fantastic views and rolling fields, but close enough to the towns and tourist attractions. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting that break away.”
- “You feel like you are at home, surrounded by Alpacas and with a fantastic view.”
- “We enjoyed our stay very much. The property is in a scenic area, very peaceful and calm, and local to all the places we wanted to visit in Somerset. The owners were very helpful and accommodating. In fact, we were welcomed on a visit to St. John the Baptist Church in Pilton to watch him and his companions play Church bells in the Bell Tower. It was such a treat and made our stay all the more worthwhile.”
About the location
Royal Bath & West Showground 3 miles; Wells 6 miles; Glastonbury 9 miles.
The historic town of Shepton Mallet is a delightful mixture of old and new, with some wonderful old architecture and a weekly market, plus a variety of shops, pubs and eateries. Shepton Mallet is set in the Mendip foothills, and is at the geographical heart of the Mendip District. This is a beautiful landscape, with unique places to visit and activities for everyone. Shepton Mallet is home to the Royal Bath and West Showground; one of Britain's major agricultural shows is held here annually in May/June, and many other events are staged throughout the year. The town is positioned close to Wells, Glastonbury and Bath, and many family attractions including Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole Caves and East Somerset Railway are all within a 45-minute drive. With the scrumptious local cider an ideal tipple after a day exploring this part of Somerset, all in all you'd be hard-pressed to find a better holiday base.