- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Mosterton 0.75 miles. A self-contained, semi-detached Dorset cottage, a wing of the owner's farmhouse, peacefully situated on a working dairy farm on the Downs close to the charming village of Mosterton, on the borders of West Dorset and South Somerset. The cottage offers well-equipped, comfortable accommodation, with outstanding views across the Axe Valley, as well as a cosy open fire and sunny conservatory, and is a perfect place for relaxing after a day exploring this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Enjoy a fresh egg for breakfast from one of the free range hens, watch the calves being fed or take a stroll along one of the numerous footpaths which criss-cross this 180-acre farm. Visit Beaminster of TV's River Cottage fame, or head south to the Jurassic Coast. A perfect base for a relaxing farm holiday in tranquil, rural surroundings.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single with additional pull-out stacker bed. Bathroom with bath, power shower over, basin & WC. Ground floor basin & WC in utility room. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with open fire. Conservatory with dining area.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric double oven, halogen hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine (in utility room), dishwasher, flat-screen TV with Freeview, DVD, Xbox (a few games provided)
- Selection of books, games & DVDs
- Fuel, power & starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair & stairgate on request
- Ample off road parking
- Shared lawned garden, small private sitting area with furniture & BBQ
- One well-behaved dog at £10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 1 mile
- Note: Farm machinery & animals; young children to be supervised at all times
- Note: Dogs to be kept on a lead at all times
- Note: The farm has its own tested water supply.
- Last minute
About the location
Beaminster 4.5 miles.
The village of Mosterton is a thriving community with good local facilities, set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the glorious West Dorset countryside, close to the Somerset border, just 3 miles from Crewkerne and less than 5 miles from Beaminster. The village is perfectly situated to explore this superb rural area, beloved of Thomas Hardy, and in recent times often featured in the River Cottage TV series. There are great walks to be had locally along the Monarch Way, whilst Forde Abbey and Cricket St Thomas Wildlife Park are both easily accessible. Within 10 miles can be found the historic rope making town of Bridport, or at West Bay take a sea fishing trip or go fossil hunting on the scenic Jurassic Coast. An ideal base for an interesting and relaxing holiday.