- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this Piddletrenthide holiday cottage is located above the quaintly-named village of Piddletrenthide, which sits above the West Dorset Downs, only 8 miles from Dorchester.
This superb detached Piddletrenthide holiday cottage is furnished and equipped to a very high standard and offers a spacious, light and airy retreat.
This Piddletrenthide holiday cottage comes complete with an outdoor swimming pool beside a lovely paved terrace, perfect for alfresco dining.
A short drive from this Piddletrenthide holiday cottage takes you to the famous Cerne Abbas Giant cut into the chalk downs, or hunt for a bargain at Dorchester's market.
A great Piddletrenthide holiday cottage, perfect for a get-away-from-it-all holiday for an extended family get-together or for a group of friends.
Over three floors. Five bedrooms: 1 x double with TV & en-suite bath, shower, basin, WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single with additional pull-out stacker bed, 1 x 2nd floor double. Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, basin & WC. 2nd floor shower room with shower, basin & WC. Ground floor basin & WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility room. Sitting room with open fire. 2nd sitting room.
Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room. 5-ring electric range cooker with double oven & grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs, one with Freeview (limited reception at times), DVD, iPod dock, CD/radio, library of DVDs, books & games. All fuel & power inc. in rent. Bed linen & towels inc. in rent. Please bring own towels for swimming pool. Lawned garden area with patio & furniture. Unheated outdoor swimming pool, 12ft x 24ft x 4ft deep, available May to October inclusive. Spacious paved terrace around pool. Off road parking for 4 cars. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop & pub 1 mile. Note: Children must be supervised around the pool area at all times. Note: This owner requires a £100 refundable Good Housekeeping bond prior to arrival.
- Last minute
- “Outstanding from outside in, house of highest quality, pool outside was a bonus and weather a winner”
- “We hired the house for a 50th birthday celebration with family. The house was of the highest quality, plenty of room for such a large group. The weather for our stay was glorious which helped as we spent a lot of time outside and in the pool. Excellent from start to finish”
- “fantastic holiday at ashley house”
- “booked ashley house for my 60th birthday all the family came, had a fantastic holiday ashley house is everything it claims to be, grandchildren were in the pool every day, we loved it will definatley go back”
- “Fab fab house”
- “Hired for hen weekend .. Beatuiful house great pool .. We had a great time relaxing at this house didn't want to go home .”
- “Fantastic house, location,”
- “House has everything you need in it, very spacious, having the pool and being able to swim outdoors everyday in March was a bonus. Location is central to such a lot of places. A must is a visit to Longleat safari park (they have kennels where you can leave the dogs). If you want a 5* holiday this is the place to be at.”
- “It was a fantastic big House. It was very clean and having a games room was great as we had grandchildren with us. The pool was heated which was a bonus, as was the weather.”
- “We had a fantastic holiday. The accommodation was of a very high standard and was exactly what we wanted. The fact that the pool was heated was an added bonus and it was utilised on a daily basis by both children and adults alike. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and hopefully in the future will stay there again.”
- “This was an amazing property. Although situated in quite a remote area meaning a car was essential, the facilities in the property were so good that we hardly ever left it. The pool was heated and there were 2 large paddocks at the side of the property for games.”
- “In a word, superb. We booked it for my family to celebrate my wife’s 60th birthday. The house grounds and pool were above expectation. The house contained everything you could possibly need. Thoroughly recommended.”
- “A beautiful accommodation, fantastic facilities - felt like home from home.”
- “The location is stunning and the gardens and paddocks are lovely. The surrounding villages, walks and pubs are charming. Dorchester was very handy for shopping and Waitrose! We all felt very at home as soon as we stepped into the house and did not want to leave. I wouldn't hesitate in returning to the cottage or recommending it to friends and family for a relaxing break.”
- “House was excellent throughout, pool was wonderful and warm, would definitely recommend to friends.”
- “The swimming pool was wonderful - heated, clean and perfect for the grandchildren (parents and grandparents too)! The beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of space in the house. Good facilities and very clean. We had a wonderful holiday.”
- “Having a heated pool just outside the patio doors was fantastic and the setting was peaceful and relaxing. We would definitely go again and would recommend to friends and family, especially during the period the pool is heated.”
About the location
Dorchester 8 miles.
The pretty West Dorset village of Piddletrenthide can be found in the quaintly named Piddle Valley, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, only 8 miles from Dorchester, situated off the main road on a private track. The village is surrounded by glorious countryside, with direct access to public footpaths abounding in superb walks, with excellent local pubs serving good food and real ales, and a village store. Interestingly the young Thomas Hardy, as an architect's assistant, worked on the parish church. A great base for touring, there is much to see and do within a short drive of this picturesque area, including the world famous Cerne Abbas giant, only 2 miles away, whilst the bustling market town of Dorchester, with its array of interesting shops, restaurants and museums is well worth a visit. Within easy reach is the family friendly seaside resort of Weymouth and the Jurassic coast, and also dramatic Portland, venue for the 2012 Olympic sailing events. With Bournemouth and Poole only 40 minutes away, this is altogether a super holiday destination at any time of the year.